How to get the most from my collection (800 pt rebel imperial)

By Alan Noir, in Army Building

So after a lot of headscratching me and my brother have made a 6x3 gaming space in our small home. Now that we can play 800 points I was just wondering what lists you people would make if you only had the minis we do (Rebel and Imperial). We essentially have 2 core sets and 1 of every expansion (incl r2d2/c3p0) with the exception of Sabine, Royal guards, AtSt and Snowspeeder. We're happy anough to just try different combos, but I don't want to overlook anything obvious. Our smaller games made a lot of vehicles a bit obsolete, same for comms upgrades.

Sounds like you can play just about anything.

You only need one copy of the card to play, so mix up whatever you kije and play. I even print out the spoiled cards (like cassian and Iden) so i can figure out how to play them or what i like before i buy them. So print Sabine's card and try her too.

Have fun. Family is the best.

With a lot of units, the game rewards duplicates in a lot of places, ex it is usually better to take 2 rebel troopers instead of 1 rebel trooper and 1 fleet trooper. The biggest thing though is to decide what you want each unit to do. If you take the fleet trooper, is someone going to be able to cover them as they run up into range? I like to use recon intel on my fleet troopers, and I imagine if you have fleet troopers, wookiees and Leia you could use Recon Intel and Leia's no time for sorrows to push them up the board quickly. In just the right set up, I have even used that on turn 1 to make fleet troopers a suprise threat. I think that may work for the wookiees too.

Besides being good units, AT-RTs give units behind them cover.

Other than that, I haven't got much. Experiment and have fun.

Thanks

On 5/31/2020 at 7:26 AM, Alan Noir said:

We essentially have 2 core sets and 1 of every expansion (incl r2d2/c3p0) with the exception of Sabine

But why tho?! D:>

In all seriousness tho, you're gonna find plenty of usage out of such a collection. Personally I LOVE using the 1.4 FD Laser Cannon with the barrage generator. Pathfinders + Jyn is always a hoot. Rebel Troopers are okay to upgrade if you run units/commands that give out dodges, otherwise ignore everything but the DLT20A. Vets will hold a position like no other if you give them Overwatch. Overall, my biggest suggestion is try everything.

Thanks. What I kind of meant by this post is to get an idea of some sample lists youd make if you were limited to this collection, rather than 'how do I use all this stuff I bought?' I do try out different combos all the time, but lately seem to pass over upgrades in favour of activation number. Just wanted to see a different approach

800/800
Jyn Erso (110 + 4 = 114)
--Duck and Cover (4), A-180 Rifle Config (0)

Luke Skywalker (Operative) (200 + 26 = 226)
--Force Push (10), Force Reflexes (10), Hunter (6)

Rebel Troopers (40 + 0 = 40)

Rebel Commandos (Strike Team) (20 + 28 = 48)
--DH-447 Sniper (28)

Rebel Pathfinders (68 + 26 = 94)
--Pao (22), Duck and Cover (4), A-300 Long Range Config (0)

Rebel Commandos (Strike Team) (20 + 28 = 48)
--DH-447 Sniper (28)

AT-RT (55 + 20 = 75)
--AT-RT Rotary Blaster (20)

AT-RT (55 + 20 = 75)
--AT-RT Rotary Blaster (20)

Just throw some stuff together and play
6 hours ago, Alan Noir said:

Thanks. What I kind of meant by this post is to get an idea of some sample lists youd make if you were limited to this collection, rather than 'how do I use all this stuff I bought?' I do try out different combos all the time, but lately seem to pass over upgrades in favour of activation number. Just wanted to see a different approach

Usually upgrades are better spent on units that will last longer. However I will admit to liking to kit out a squad of Rebel Vets. CM-093 + Overwatch + Rebel Comms Tech + HQ Uplink. Keep them close to a MK II Medium Blaster and just watch enemy units run into the Crit-4 buzzsaw. I will admit tho, the 135pt price tag is pretty heavy and likely won't allow high activation armies like you're used to.