• Jaina's Light (2)
= 53 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
= 51 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 193

The only change to his list is that he switched out Ion Storm for Most Wanted on his Red objective.

----------

Name: Task Force Victory

Assault: Opening Salvo
Defense: Abandoned Mining Facility
Navigation: Doomed Station

Victory II (85)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 100 Points

Victory II (85)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 100 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 200

Just two identical Victory-IIs with a lot of dice and no reroll abilities.

70oVF2y.png

Deployment: I deployed my two Victorys in the center, while he deployed his two CR90s in the center with Admonition prepared to flank on my right side.

wVitZnN.png

Round 1: While his CR90s split and went opposite ways, both were caught in the leftmost Victory's front arc. The unnamed CR90 was also not going to be able to avoid the front arc of the rightmost Victory before or after its movement unless it disengaged. Both Victorys moved to the right to catch Admonition and the unnamed CR90 at the board's edge.

CnwcVyo.png

Round 2: Jaina's Light activated first to get out of the Victory front arc, taking away the front and left shields of the ship while putting a damage card on it. The Victory then retaliated using Disposable Capacitors, putting Jaina's Light down to two hull while damaging the unnamed CR90, which ran away with three hull. The other Victory used its DCaps as well, destroying Jaina's Light . Admonition continued to move to flank.

afdXEsE.png

Round 3: While revealing a Repair command (to try to get rid of the damage card the next turn), the CR90 accidentally flew off the board. While the other Victory turned tightly to get to the station (and back in the fight, but getting damage from the debris field), the rightmost one attacked Admonition at long range with minimal results.

Hjc1uq7.png

Round 4: Admonition unloaded from its side arc against the Victory, leading to the latter pulling a Depowered Armament card (ouch... no more long range). Both ships shot at Admonition , again with limited results.

XJaWW6i.png

Round 5: Making a very sharp maneuver, Admonition gets in close range of the damaged Victory going into the next round. Still can't put any damage on Admonition's hull.

IQOydlw.png

Round 6: Six damage and an accuracy from Admonition's side arc destroys the Victory and the game ends. Using our proposed Task Force Tournament scoring, the final score was 250-208 (6-5, 42 MoV).

Thoughts: This was a close game and I would be lying if I didn't say I wished I had used a Repair command for my remaining Victory's final command (Darn you, Opening Salvo!). We were both amazed at the range that the Victory-IIs could cover on this small board, because until one of them pulled Depowered Armament, they had excellent fields of interlocking fire. They still can't turn without JJ though, as trying to get back into the station and the fight just ended up getting my ship destroyed.

I am running out of lists to throw at @ArmadaMatt without building something specifically to counter his list, so please let me know if you have any suggestions or archetypes that you would like me to try. Thanks!

Hope you enjoyed the BATREP!

3 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

I am running out of lists to throw at @ArmadaMatt without building something specifically to counter his list, so please let me know if you have any suggestions or archetypes that you would like me to try. Thanks!

Hope you enjoyed the BATREP!

I guess Romodi's Arquitens may be a blast to play as Task Force. Awesome range, awesome dmg output, awesome number of activations, less likely to get bombed away

Thanks for the suggestion!