My miniatures, Geonosian ISC army and Republic with LED lightsabers (Maul LED double blade added)

By Dak_rogan, in Painting

maul_m10.jpg

That looks awesome!

6 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

That looks awesome!

thank you mate :)

A new tutorial, for Mace windu this time !

Fantastic work! The LED lightsabers look terrific and the paint jobs are great.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:50 AM, Rmcarrier1 said:

Fantastic work! The LED lightsabers look terrific and the paint jobs are great.

thank you very much !

Here is Darth Maul double blade tutorial :

Great work! I've been doing LED lightsabers too and having fun with it. Just got my Maul up and running.

I was wondering how you did Grievous though? I've been puzzling over him. I can only fit three CR1025 (the smallest 3V battery available, I believe) batteries under the base, without drilling battery slots into the base and canoflaging them.

With a 9V charge and 4 LEDs with 3V drops, I can only assume you did 2x2 parallel? It gets awfully crowded on that model!

It certainly doesn't help that I decided I want to put LEDs in after I built (and converted) Grievous, so tight spaces are a problem...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

6 hours ago, Sekac said:

Great work! I've been doing LED lightsabers too and having fun with it. Just got my Maul up and running.

I was wondering how you did Grievous though? I've been puzzling over him. I can only fit three CR1025 (the smallest 3V battery available, I believe) batteries under the base, without drilling battery slots into the base and canoflaging them.

With a 9V charge and 4 LEDs with 3V drops, I can only assume you did 2x2 parallel? It gets awfully crowded on that model!

It certainly doesn't help that I decided I want to put LEDs in after I built (and converted) Grievous, so tight spaces are a problem...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks mate !
So i'm using CR2016 cell batteries, i fit 2 of them instead of one CR2032 under the base without modifications of the base.

I go up to 6V that way, with 150mAh autonomy. For your information CR2032 has a 240mAh autonomy

Concerning grievous i kept the wires along his arms, get inside his torso and wires got out as a "tail". He's stuck just by the barricade behind him and wires get inside it, because he's just stuck by the barricade you can't tell there is wires going out from his body like that. However, using conductive paint on him is a real pain because of the 4 LEDs. He also have only 2 CR2016 cells under base.

Edited by Dak_rogan
19 hours ago, Dak_rogan said:

So i'm using CR2016 cell batteries, i fit 2 of them instead of one CR2032 under the base without modifications of the base.

Ooh good idea! I wish I knew that coin battery numbers were measurements (CR2032=20mm×3.2mm) when I first started with LED mods or I wouldn't have gotten twenty CR2032 batteries 😄

2016s being exactly half as thick makes stacking them low hanging fruit!

4 hours ago, Sekac said:

Ooh good idea! I wish I knew that coin battery numbers were measurements (CR2032=20mm×3.2mm) when I first started with LED mods or I wouldn't have gotten twenty CR2032 batteries 😄

2016s being exactly half as thick makes stacking them low hanging fruit!

Yes :D
I did the same thing lol, i bought maybe 10 CR2032 and then on one of my youtube video a guy asked me "why don't you use 2x CR2016 instead, you could fit 2 and don't have to rebuild base"
I was like... why didn't i thought about that before ? 😛 Now all of my builds have a double CR2016 under base.

However you can still build a bigger base to fit even more cells under it but then saber become really really bright, i've found that CR2016 x2 are really perfect for most colors.
Windu could goes up to 3x cells because of painted blade, while on pictures i find better to set only 1 cell because the camera is saturated with light and the result is less cool than in reality (especially on Maul)

I've finished my Lok Durd for the AAT

13130711.jpg

13101511.jpg

13130911.jpg

A small family picture, some jedis are missing.
131908486_4140220232660675_3982171106338

Yoda :

img_2549.jpg

img_2550.jpg

img_2551.jpg