Multiple attacks with implants/mounted weaponry

By TheDeanOfRock, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

So, I'm new to the Dark Heresy/Warhammer system and have joined a Rogue Trader game with a handful of other noobs. Our GM is a good dude but seems to be less inclined to guide us through the system and more inclined toward throwing us in the deep end and whatever happens happens. Normally this would be fine but we've had a couple of combat encounters so far and it seems as though the players and NPCs are playing with two different rulesets where we are making less attacks for lower damage and the "baddies" are making more attacks with higher damage. My question though is more specific to my Tech-Priest/Explorator and what's available to him.

He has the Baleful Eye implant, Mechadendrite (gun), and a Boltgun. The question presented was can I fire a single shot from my Boltgun and a single shot from my Baleful Eye in the same round. Then use my reaction for the Mechadendrite. I know I can use the Mecha as a reaction (it's the only type of action I CAN use for it), but can I fire the other two as two separate half-actions. The GM ruled no because I don't have Two-Weapon Fighting or Ambidextrous but those specifically reference using a separate weapon in EACH HAND . Whereas I'm using one weapon in my hand and one is just built into my eye. If that's actually how the rules are intended and I'm not supposed to be able to get away with it, then fine. But it seems logical to me that if the weapon requires no hands and only the act of thinking "fire eye gun" that not being ambidextrous or having the ability wield a weapon in each hand is irrelevant.

Ambidextrous (RT Core Rulebook page 94)
"Prerequisites: Agility 30
This Talent does not represent true ambidexterity so much as sufficient training with both hands to make the distinction moot. The Explorer can use either hand equally well for any task..."

Two-Weapon Wielder (RT Core Rulebook page 107)
"Years of training allow the Explorer to use a weapon in each hand when needed. When armed with two weapons of the same type, he may spend a Full Action to attack with both."

Baleful Eye (Rogue Trader Core Rulebook page 148)
"... A character with this implant has a weapon equal to a hellpistol in his eye with a range of 10m. The baleful eye can be fired even if the character’s hands are full , and the baleful eye may be used as a pistol in melee..."

Thoughts?

Hi @TheDeanOfRock ,

I would say you both are right in your arguments, but what's important is to stay in the same general rules:

USING ACTIONS (RT Core Rulebook page 237)

"An Explorer cannot perform more than one of the following during his Turn: an Action with the “Attack” subtype ... "

So, you cannot fire two weapons with two separate half-action the same Turn.

IMHO:

• I agree that Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic|Melee) is required to fire two weapons at the same time with Multiple Attack action because you need a trained coordination to make it effective, but I would argue that Ambidexrous is not relevant here because it's targeting imbalances between leading hand and off-hand where your eye is not a case.
  • If you want to have more firepower at the same turn I would suggest you to plead to GM for Multiple Arms rule with additional couple of Ballistic Mechanodendrites to have extra attacks on Multiple Attack action.

Kind Regards.