[THE FORGE PODCAST]: EPISODE 18 - Talents Also Grow on Trees

By GM Hooly, in Genesys

EPISODE 18 - Talents Also Grow on Trees

This episode we welcome back special guest, lead developer on the Genesys Expanded Players Guide, Sam Gregor-Stewart, as we ready the potting mix to help nurture and grow a discussion on the creation of Specialization Trees including how you can introduce them into your Genesys games.

In Die Casting we make good on a listener request to explore Heroic Abilities from Realms of Terrinoth, while in Breaking the Mould we speak with Caleb Smith about his offering on the Foundry, The Survivalist's Guide to Survival. Plus, we answer your games and rules questions in Under the Hammer.

So, don your garden clothes, grab your shovel, and get the wheelbarrow from the shed, as GM Chris and GM Hooly show you how to tend to your garden of Specialization Trees on The Forge Podcast!

CONTACT US:

SOCIAL MEDIA:

• @forgegenesys

LISTEN/WATCH:

SUPPORT:

REVIEW:

iTunes (US) | iTunes (UK) | iTunes (Australia) | iTunes (Canada) | iTunes (Ireland) | iTunes (Germany) | iTunes (NZ)

Don't forget to drop us a review on Facebook, iTunes, YouTube or send us an e-mail.

The Forge: A Genesys RPG Podcast is a proud member of the d20 Radio Network. For more information about the network visit www.d20radio.com . 00:00:0

CHAPTER NOTES:

• 00:00:00 - PATREON ANNOUNCEMENT
  • 00:00:17 - INTRODUCTION
  • 00:04:51 - STOKING THE FIRE
  • 00:05:03 - PODCAST OF THE WEEK - Don't Despair
  • 00:06:29 - STOKING THE FIRE - News & Announcements
  • 00:16:22 - DIE CASTING - Heroic Abilities
  • 00:59:38 - THE FURNACE - Specialization Trees
  • 01:03:23 - Why Use Specializations?
  • 01:12:35 - Career Specs VS Role Specs
  • 01:19:45 - How Many Specs Do You Need?
  • 01:22:31 - Trees Within Trees
  • 01:25:18 - How to Create a Spec Tree
  • 01:49:24 - Creating Pathways
  • 02:01:58 - Making an Example Tree - The Druid
  • 02:35:02 - BREAKING THE MOULD - Survivalists Guide to Survival (Caleb Smith)
  • 02:57:45 - UNDER THE HAMMER
  • 02:58:13 - Errata: Vehicle Weapon Qualities
  • 03:03:04 - Q1. The Act of Driving Dangerously
  • 03:11:20 - Q2. Language Barriers
  • 03:20:10 - Q3. Can I Use All the Magics?
  • 03:28:08 - WRAP UP

Was there a plan to put up the Druid specialization tree the group created during the show somewhere? Or am I just blind and unable to find it on the forgegenesys site? 😣

Not blind. I realised that I can’t find an InDesign File of a blank tree so I’m having to create it from scratch. I’m not a wizz on InDesign so it might take me a couple more days.

Thanks, sir! I just kept rewinding and relistening to the episode until I finished making my own and I think it's right. I still look forward to the real deal though.

Cheers!

Specialization Tree - Druid

Eager to look at the Druid Specialization that GM Chris, GM Hooly, and Special Guest, Sam Gregor-Stewart, created live on Episode 18 of the Podcast entitled, "Talents Do Grow on Trees"? Then look no further that the link below.

And remember the challenge Sam set for our listeners: Create Specialization Roles for a Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard.

We'll highlight our favourites on a future episode of the podcast.

https://forgegenesys.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/theforge-druidspecialization.pdf

I wonder, would you be willing to share your InDesign template now that you've effectively made one? Might be a useful community resource.

Understandable if you'd prefer not to share though!

Looks good!

Except that Masterful Casting has the Toughened description.

🤔

Yeah I picked that up too after posting. I'm doing a revised version. Sorry about that.