Rebel Army with Cassian and K-2SO

By Andyf1702, in Army Building

I have a box and a half of the Legion starter set (i have the Empire Troops from a second box).

I am now thinking about playing the rebels, so is it worth getting another started set - I'm not sure I need 6 Storm Trooper units.

I want to play Cassian and K-2S0, so could someone please recommend what other sets I should buy to make a decent 800 point army.

Is this a thematic list or competitive list or something im between?

Cassian Pistol 10pts of upgrades

K2 Pistol

Luke Force Reflexes and Push

3-4 units of troopers

2 at rt

2 sniper strike teams

This is somewhere in the middle. Get another atrt and core trooper off ebay and you'd be set. You can upgrade to operative Luke for some command cards. You could switch in Jyn and some Pathfinders for kicks and theme.

Lots of fun. R2D2 and 3PO make AtRt and Cassian better too

On 5/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, Andyf1702 said:

I have a box and a half of the Legion starter set (i have the Empire Troops from a second box).

I am now thinking about playing the rebels, so is it worth getting another started set - I'm not sure I need 6 Storm Trooper units.

I want to play Cassian and K-2S0, so could someone please recommend what other sets I should buy to make a decent 800 point army.

For a Cassian based army I'd recommend the following

Command Strike teams (probably 2 of , if not 3, although if you don't mind proxying the cards you could use 2 figures to make a 3rd strike team)

Sabine/ Crashed escape pod (not both because you only have 2 operatives and K2 has one slot taken)

Leia as a second commander, works well but you can just work with Luke, I wouldn't have both Luke and Sabine though)

A unit of fleet troopers , a lot of people have been playing naked rebel troopers and using them for objective grabbing and playing 3 units for 120 pts, (see below*)

2 Tauntauns

Operative Luke , even just for his command cards , not if you are playing Leia or Sabine though as above.

Hope that helps

(*)the reasoning is this

4 Fleet Troopers average 3 hits max 8. At range 2

4 Rebel Troopers average 2 hits max 4, At range 3, however this is functionally 1 hit if shooting into cover and/or dodge which is then potentially saved. So it's damage potential is just essentially suppression only

4 Rebel Troopers with a z6 hit for 3.5 dmg max 10. While it is quite swingy at least some of the attacks will count, however this costs more than an additional 50%.

The fleet troopers are similar to the z6 but are only 4 pts more and since they are back capping the range is less of a disadvantage than you would think, but at least it is worthwhile shooting with them (the aim with the standby helps with this. Also if you do go for the heavy it's 67 pts vs 66 but the pierce is in its favour (though if I was going for a heavy I'd get the DLT20A from the rebel trooper expansion pack)

(4 fleets roll 8 white average 3 hits on fleets, and can hit for 8, 4 rebel troopers average 2 hits max 4 but range 3, rebel troopers with z6hit for 3.5 average max 10)

I would definitely get it. You need the Rebel units and a 3rd Speeder Bike unit can be cool for those Triple Speeder lists. At that point it's basically paid for itself, even if you don't use the Stormtroopers.

4 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I would definitely get it. You need the Rebel units and a 3rd Speeder Bike unit can be cool for those Triple Speeder lists. At that point it's basically paid for itself, even if you don't use the Stormtroopers.

Cut off the Stormtrooper heads and put tthem on pikes like in the Mandalorian

On 5/22/2020 at 7:22 PM, buckero0 said:

Cut off the Stormtrooper heads and put tthem on pikes like in the Mandalorian

Actually something I'm doing just now