Did I play Lost In Mirkwood right?

By Flrbb, in Rules questions & answers

Two short questions on the quest Lost in Mirkwood, which are nbot clarified in the rules book.

The setup of Stage 1A requests you to use Haldan. As I couldn't find any Haldan card within the encounter sets from LiM, I used the Haldan from the previouos mission, Journey up the Anduin. I guess this was not right. Can anyone enlighten me how the missing card does look like?

The stages themselfs do not have an "advance to the next stage" trigger. Instead, these objective locations instructs you to advance to the next stage (of a certain letter). Assuming, I am at stage 1B and the next objective location wants me to travel to the next "C" stage, is it right to travel to 2C or do I have to wait for an objective location which lets me travel to a "A" stage, so that I can travel to 2A then? I am a bit confused here.

7 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

The setup of Stage 1A requests you to use Haldan. As I couldn't find any Haldan card within the encounter sets from LiM, I used the Haldan from the previouos mission, Journey up the Anduin. I guess this was not right. Can anyone enlighten me how the missing card does look like?

It's the Haldan from Journey Up the Anduin.

8 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

The stages themselfs do not have an "advance to the next stage" trigger. Instead, these objective locations instructs you to advance to the next stage (of a certain letter). Assuming, I am at stage 1B and the next objective location wants me to travel to the next "C" stage, is it right to travel to 2C or do I have to wait for an objective location which lets me travel to a "A" stage, so that I can travel to 2A then? I am a bit confused here.

You advance to a stage with a number 1 higher and the letter pointed out by the Objective Location. From Stage 1B you can advance to Stage 2A or 2C then from Stage 2B or 2D you can advance to stage 3A or 3C and so forth.

Well, then I played everything right. Still odd, that the Haldan is from another encounter pack/deck. That somewhat breaks the pattern of previous boxes. There are similar small encounter deck parts and also repeating cards are in each pack, like Arwen or that dwarf Nahlir(?).

5 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

Still odd, that the Haldan is from another encounter pack/deck

Well it's still a card from the same boxed set (Arwen and Nalir were in different Adventure Packs so they had to be reprint in each one), but yeah it still a little odd and it would have been worth a mention in the rules.

Edited by Alonewolf87

When they did this with the Lost Realm deluxe box, they gave Iarion his own encounter set. I agree it was confusing and probably an error that you have to pull his card out of a different encounter set that is otherwise entirely unreferenced by the rules.

Edited by GrandSpleen