Five ships and a red fish.

By Sobonis01, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

The idea with fleet is the build a fleet which can dice fix, and hit do a lot of red dice damage, on a regular basis. Which is why every ship can fix at least 2 red dice once at a turn. This is the 1st rebel fleet I have made any thoughts?

Rebel Intensity Fire (396/400)
Rebels

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Objectives: Contested Outpost, Solar Corona, Surprise Attack

[flagship] Modified Pelta-class Command Ship (60)
- Admiral Ackbar (38)
- Intensify Firepower! (6)
- Hondo Ohnaka (2)
= 106 total points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
- Jaina's Light (2)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
= 53 total points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 51 total points

Assault Frigate Mark II B (72)
- Electronic Counter Measures (7)
- Gunnery Team (7)
= 93 total points

- Gunnery Team (7)
= 93 total points

It's mean. I wouldn't be afraid to double arc to get more value from IF, even with Ackbar. He's still a nice safety net, and the Gunnery Teams help too. Maybe Tantive IV to pass some tokens to the Pelta when needed? Also, one of the frigates is probably a better flagship than the Pelta, being faster and more durable. It'll still be under 140 points MoV wise.

Looks great, really.

35 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It's mean. I wouldn't be afraid to double arc to get more value from IF, even with Ackbar. He's still a nice safety net, and the Gunnery Teams help too. Maybe Tantive IV to pass some tokens to the Pelta when needed? Also, one of the frigates is probably a better flagship than the Pelta, being faster and more durable. It'll still be under 140 points MoV wise.

Looks great, really.

Thank you for the advice. I put ackbar on my pelta, as it will be out of the fight. Vs the AF who would be slugging it out with the other fleet. I can throw a Tantive IV as it would be a helpful token passer. IF and TRC would let me set 3 dice for every opening salvo. My other thought was to drop both AF then an assault mc80 and throw another vet in, then with the home one title I could set 3 dice hit, double hit, and an acc. But I think the af would be better.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, Sobonis01 said:

Thank you for the advice. I put ackbar on my pelta, as it will be out of the fight. Vs the AF who would be slugging it out with the other fleet. I can throw a Tantive IV as it would be a helpful token passer. IF and TRC would let me set 3 dice for every opening salvo. My other thought was to drop both AF then an assault mc80 and throw another vet in, then with the home one title I could set 3 dice hit, double hit, and an acc. But I think the af would be better.

I agree with Jabbawookiee: it looks pretty nasty. I only have two reservations...

1) Ackbar makes this tick. If he dies, you’re ‘done fer.’ I personally hate putting a 38 point, absolutely necessary Commander on a not-very-tanky speed 2 ship. I know you plan to keep it out of the action, but if your opponent gets a fix on it with bombers, an Onager, an SSD, or a speedy knife-fighting flanker like Demolisher, he could wreck that Pelta, and your whole plan is gone. If it’s me, Ackbar’s getting a chair on one of those Corvettes, and if the opponent even looks at it, that Corvette’s hitting the gas and heading for the hills. If you keep it well out of range, it should be pretty safe against most opponents, and an Expert Shield Techs is a pretty good defense against a bomber alpha strike.

2) Speaking of bombers, I guess your anti-squadron plan is to kill his carriers. Fair enough. I’m personally not a guy who has ever had much luck running squadless, but maybe you can make it work. Just know that squadron complements of 120+ are going to be your greatest challenge. That said, not many fleets can put this many dice on the table in one turn from long range, so you do have an out!

Good luck!

EDIT: If you don’t like the idea of a Corvette acting as your flagship, you might have decent luck turning an AFMkII into an MC30, and using that as Ackbar’s getaway car. They’re nearly impossible to kill at long range, especially with the Foresight title.

Edited by Cpt ObVus
On 4/26/2020 at 3:55 AM, Sobonis01 said:

The idea with fleet is the build a fleet which can dice fix, and hit do a lot of red dice damage, on a regular basis. Which is why every ship can fix at least 2 red dice once at a turn. This is the 1st rebel fleet I have made any thoughts?

Rebel Intensity Fire (396/400)
Rebels

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Objectives: Contested Outpost, Solar Corona, Surprise Attack

[flagship] Modified Pelta-class Command Ship (60)
- Admiral Ackbar (38)
- Intensify Firepower! (6)
- Hondo Ohnaka (2)
= 106 total points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
- Jaina's Light (2)
= 53 total points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 51 total points

- Gunnery Team (7)
= 93 total points

- Gunnery Team (7)
= 93 total points

Liking this gunship list, although I have to agree with @Cpt ObVus ObVus about watching out for squads. Perhaps you can swap out the TRC on your potatoes for Linked Turbolaser Turrets. While TRC gives u a double on one shot the LTT syncs very well with GT, giving mods for both shots while also allowing you to focus down single squad stands if you don't have 2 ship targets.

Are you using the pelta as a trailer? If not it can be downed to an assault pelta, and you get a better bid or buy exracks to surprise any assassin

Edited by Muelmuel
3 hours ago, Muelmuel said:

Liking this gunship list, although I have to agree with @Cpt ObVus ObVus about watching out for squads. Perhaps you can swap out the TRC on your potatoes for Linked Turbolaser Turrets. While TRC gives u a double on one shot the LTT syncs very well with GT, giving mods for both shots while also allowing you to focus down single squad stands if you don't have 2 ship targets.

Are you using the pelta as a trailer? If not it can be downed to an assault pelta, and you get a better bid or buy exracks to surprise any assassin

You could go Assault Pelta over Command Pelta, if the plan is to keep it out of the battle anyway. I’m just not sure speed 2 gives you much of a choice.

I would hesitate to switch the Corvettes’ guns to LTT’s. Part of what makes them so awesome with TRC is that they really aren’t giving up much on the defensive end of things to use them, because of the redundant Evades. I would switch out the TRC’s for LTT’s on the Frigates, however. Assault Frigates are hearty, but they aren’t as tough as most large bases are, and they need those Evades defensively.

In any event, don’t be afraid to spend every point. This is a list that (in my opinion) absolutely does not care whether it’s first or second. TRC’s to LTT’s is an even exchange, but if you drop Hondo, make the Command to Assault Pelta switch, and eat up your 4-point bid, you can add Phoenix Home, Raymus Antilles, and Ahsoka Tano to the Pelta, for a perfect 400, if I’m doing my math correctly. This allows you to ALWAYS have a token to spend on Intensify Firepower (thanks to Antilles), and it will ALWAYS be the correct token (thanks to Ahsoka). Ahsoka will always be in range to pull her token transmutation trick, because they’re on the same ship. And it allows Phoenix Home to throw any command it wants (Nav, probably), and Ahsoka can trade the token for a ConFire token for next turn. It’s 100% reliable, barring operator error.