First Round

By bitzurock, in Rules questions & answers

When we start the game after setup, do we start round count from 0 or from 1 ?

Thanks!

Rounds are recorded once they are completed. So after Setup it would be the 1st round but you wouldn't record it till the end of the refresh phase. So I guess you can look at it as being round "0".

I've always tallied after the full round so would start the count at 0, then add 1 in each refresh phase. So for example if I win a quest in the quest phase of the 10th round, the round score is 90 as I would have only played 9 full rounds.

From the FAQ 10/16/2017, regarding Scoring: "In addition to all elements currently used to score a game, players also add an additional 10 points to their “final group score” for each round of play that is taken to defeat a scenario. Players tally each round for their score at the end of the refresh phase."

I'm not entirely sure, I could have interpreted this incorrectly, but I assume this means you start at 0.

8 minutes ago, stimpaksam said:

Rounds are recorded once they are completed. So after Setup it would be the 1st round but you wouldn't record it till the end of the refresh phase. So I guess you can look at it as being round "0".

Thanks.

1 hour ago, stimpaksam said:

Does this mean, for scoring purposes, if you finish a quest during the Questing Phase of the sixth round, you have only recorded 5 Rounds for scoring purposes? Or do you still add 6 Rounds * 10 = 60 to your score?

3 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Does this mean, for scoring purposes, if you finish a quest during the Questing Phase of the sixth round, you have only recorded 5 Rounds for scoring purposes?

Correct.

On 4/25/2020 at 9:15 PM, stimpaksam said:

Correct.

Well, darn. I think I'll just keep recording it wrong, lest I have to go back and edit all my recorded plays. 😄