Destroying minefields and Proximity Mines

By flatpackhamster, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I recall vaguely that it's possible to blow up proximity mines. Is it possible to do the same to minefields in the minefields objective?

No you can't shoot mines in the Minefield scenario but you can shoot proximity mines.

Also note that Proximity mines can't be moved by the strategic rule from Lambdas & VCXs but mines in the Minefields scenario can.

Thanks for the help.

The reason I asked was that I had an upcoming game where I was 1st player and my opponent had chosen Minefields as the objective.

Proud to announce that I hit all six of them.

Pretty sure that is achievement unlocked.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, Karneck said:

Pretty sure that is achievement unlocked.

Especially if you also won!

He got 94pts to my 45pts - I killed two of his squads, he killed five of mine and I accidentally blew up one of my own transports running it over the minefields. Another turn, though, and his Starhawk would have died for sure, because I was running a Sato fleet and had 16 black dice pointing at it for turn 7, and it had no shields left.

Incidentally, do contain defence tokens allow you to flip the face-up card from the minefield damage face down?

Edited by flatpackhamster

Is the damage from the minefield an attack, with a spend defence tokens step?

5 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

Incidentally, do contain defence tokens allow you to flip the face-up card from the minefield damage face down?

Minefields are not an attack, so you can't use defense tokens (otherwise scatter and brace would be very useful).

On 4/27/2020 at 8:54 AM, flatpackhamster said:

No, but Lira Wessex does.

Medical Team can also work.

Does flipping the table work? That likely would put a lot of cards face down. 😄

8 hours ago, Karneck said:

Does flipping the table work? That likely would put a lot of cards face down. 😄

It depends if you covered them with butter.