A Stereotypical Gloin Jank Deck

By dalestephenson, in Strategy and deck-building

https://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/15650/astereotypicalgloinjankdeck-1.0

I love the Gloin/Elrond/Treebeard lineup. Besides access to Ent Draught to boost hit points, if Gloin is paying for the Warden anyway, patching up the self-damaging Treebeard at the same time is brilliant.

Some other points that aren't apparent from the Stereotypical Deck.

Vilya barely made the attachment list, appearing in only 3/10 decks -- if I didn't limit to a single core set it wouldn't have, since most decks had 3x Citadel Plate. Only one of the ten decks went 3x on Vilya.

None of the ten decks decided to mix Gloin and Ents, which would've been my first thought with a Gloin/Elrond/Treebeard combo -- throw in Ents, snag them with Entmoot, and build an angry ent army to go with your invlunerable defender. Instead, no one used Entmoot and the ents were limited to 4/10 Quickbeam and 2/10 Wellinghall Preserver (2x and 1x).

Narvi's Belt was in only 5/10 decks. Song of Wisdom at 3/10 barely made the attachment list. Those sets overlapped, so 4/10 decks had no way for Gloin to pay the Warden, which I figured was the point of the archtype.

ABB (4/10) doesn't affect undefended attacks, but only three decks did anything to watch out for nasty undefended shadows. One used 2x Dunedain Water and also added an Armored Destrier. One included 2x Dark Knowledge. And Seastan's deck included 3x Silver Lamp, which I think is the best solution.

Despite most decks being designed for multiplayer use (judging from comments and cards), there was little support for Gloin sharing the wealth. Three decks included Parting Gifts, but none of the decks ran Errand-rider.