Are “Action:” Headers Considered On Your Action Bar?

By JBFancourt, in X-Wing Rules Questions

🤔

Or only actions granted on the right of an upgrade card?

1 hour ago, JBFancourt said:

🤔

The “Action Bar” is the stack of symbols on the side of your card.

91B67B98-6847-47B1-95E6-433BA92A4FA7.jpeg

3 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

🤔

I think those are considered an "ability." An "ability" is not on your "action bar" even though it may result in performing an action that typically appears on the "action bar."

As noted above, upgrade cards that grant additional action types (for example C3PO resistance crew grants red coordinate and calculate) add them to the action bar.

cards that only have an action header and no actions on the right side of the bar are not added to the action bar. For example, actions required to repair critical damage cards, or reload energy shell charges. These actions are not on the action bar so not could be performed using something like advanced slam.

Something like Spacetug Tractor Array?

340?cb=20180914134643

That's an Action header that does not result in or reference any action for which an icon exists. For purposes of timing these types of actions can be performed in the same windows as when you could perform something on your action bar as per the rules for actions in the RR(1.1.0) p3.

Note, however, that Action headers are not on your action bar... So, for purposes of things that reference the action bar specifically (like Squad Leader pictured below or ASLAM) so you cannot use an action header for that action. This falls generally under the mantra "do what the card says, don't do what it doesn't" in conjunction with the anatomy of a card on p26 which indicates that 'action bar' specifically references those actions shown as icons on the right of a ship or upgrade card.

340?cb=20180723175719

Edited by nitrobenz
proofread
13 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

🤔

Everyone above has explained. But i am curious. Could you give us the context for your question? The situation that prompted it? Perhaps we could answer in more detail then.

@Lyianx

JUST making sure I could not Adv Slam into Passive Sensors or a Damage Card fix. 🙄 🙄

I was pretty sure, just wanted to double check.

Yep, had some discussion about Passives after Adv. SLAM back when it was new.

One thing worth noting: even if it worked (and it doesn't), it wouldn't work. Advanced SLAM turns your action red, so you'd be stressed, so you couldn't take a Lock action in the engagement phase.

Edited by theBitterFig