Advice: First Fleet Build

By Labay54, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Hey guys, I just order a few expansions and put together this fleet based on what I will have.

What I own: Core set, Interdictor, Liberty, Chimera, and the Profundity.

Let me know what I could improve on.

Capture.PNG

How are you going to use Thrawn? What sort of dials?

On 4/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, Labay54 said:

Hey guys, I just order a few expansions and put together this fleet based on what I will have.

What I own: Core set, Interdictor, Liberty, Chimera, and the Profundity.

Let me know what I could improve on.

Capture.PNG

Quite liking this list. I suppose you want to use the slow Vic2 as your anvil piece but I don't know how reliable Vet Gunners are vs Leading Shots(reroll all at any range vs selective reroll at medium) so see what works for you.

objectives that might fit your fleet you could try: Advanced Gunnery, Contested Outpost, Minefields/Intel Sweep

14 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

How are you going to use Thrawn? What sort of dials?

My thoughts where to use Thrawn for engineering and/or Nav. That way I can quickly respond to incoming threats.

2 hours ago, Muelmuel said:

Quite liking this list. I suppose you want to use the slow Vic2 as your anvil piece but I don't know how reliable Vet Gunners are vs Leading Shots(reroll all at any range vs selective reroll at medium) so see what works for you.

objectives that might fit your fleet you could try: Advanced Gunnery, Contested Outpost, Minefields/Intel Sweep

That's the premise, I agree with the use of leading shots over vet gunners. I unfortunately only have 1 copy of leading shots, and trying to build fleets without proxies. I feel waiting for new cards as I build my collection keeps the game fresh, and forces me to be more creative. Thanks for the reccomend of objectives. I've only played two objective games, and am still learning how they work with my fleet comp.

4 hours ago, Labay54 said:

My thoughts where to use Thrawn for engineering and/or Nav. That way I can quickly respond to incoming threats.

I think you have probably done as much as you can with regard to the ships and cards that you have.

Wrt Thrawn, you could probably make better use of his dials.

You need to use nav dials on the bad almost every turn. Maybe engineering on turns 5 and 6. Same for the Interdictor. The Kuat is less needy for nav but still probably 3 or 4 out of 6 turns.

So why not use CF for a couple of your dials? Save them for later in the game when your ships are all in close. Or - if your opponent brings lots of squads, use them for extra flak dice.