Rogue One Q&A with Writers Livestream Today

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Rogue One Writers Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz to Hold Live Q&A Livestream Watching Rogue One at 5 PST Today!

It’s live now. Disney Plus is Free for trial period as well.

Any interesting stories or comments on the stream?

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

You know he doesn't actually have meaningful discussion on this board. Its here's a link and cya with him.

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

@FTS Gecko I posted this on be main X - Wing board after it aired.
Saw Gerrera’s X-Wings were the strike force supposed to hit the Imperial Research Base on Eadu and they had a “cool Camouflage” pattern that were in development according to the writers. .

There is more info of course, but a lot of broad subjects, what did you want to hear about? I do suggest you watch it with Rogue One at the same time.

Disney Plus has a free trial as well.

2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

You know he doesn't actually have meaningful discussion on this board. Its here's a link and cya with him.

@Jo Jo woof does someone need a hug or a warm cookie. Rough crowd here. My Uncle passed so I was away most of the week but I still take time to post, next time put @Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun so I know, otherwise it’s tough to see all the comments unless I pop in if I see a new thread.

Oh I know what will cheer you up @Jo Jo

glze2zrr1bt41.jpg

Hakuna mAT-ATa

Lastly I feel like I participate and comment whenever I can add information, cheer someone up or correct OG material.

Do you want me to get you a cookie via Uber eats? You can message me.

7 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@FTS Gecko I posted this on be main X - Wing board after it aired.
Saw Gerrera’s X-Wings were the strike force supposed to hit the Imperial Research Base on Eadu and they had a “cool Camouflage” pattern that were in development according to the writers. .

There is more info of course, but a lot of broad subjects, what did you want to hear about? I do suggest you watch it with Rogue One at the same time.

Disney Plus has a free trial as well.

@Jo Jo woof does someone need a hug or a warm cookie. Rough crowd here. My Uncle passed so I was away most of the week but I still take time to post, next time put @Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun so I know, otherwise it’s tough to see all the comments unless I pop in if I see a new thread.

Oh I know what will cheer you up @Jo Jo

glze2zrr1bt41.jpg

Hakuna mAT-ATa

Lastly I feel like I participate and comment whenever I can add information, cheer someone up or correct OG material.

Do you want me to get you a cookie via Uber eats? You can message me.

Sorry about your uncle man.

Also thank you So much for posting my favorite picture I think now.

12 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

@Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Thank you @Jo Jo . I just reminded myself that took me to Return of the Jedi.

😔

7 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Sorry about your uncle man.

Also thank you So much for posting my favorite picture I think now.

Thanks. And My Pleasure. One day we need to talk about how West End Games built the Ecplipse’s main gun around the Space Cruiser Yamato.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:04 AM, FTS Gecko said:

@FTS Gecko here are highlights of the stream.

22 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

@FTS Gecko here are highlights of the stream.

Cheers @IAAH.

One thing I noticed was the cut Dantooine reference:

https://screenrant.com/rogue-one-rebel-base-cut-dantooine/

...now, there were a LOT of fan service moments and cameos in Rogue One. And I mean a lot. Some of them were subtle nods (Wobani being an anagram of Obi Wan, Syndulla), some of them helped add to the story (Saw, Tarkin, Vader, Bail, Mon Mothma), some of them were pretty out of place or superfluous (Droids on Yavin 4, Cantina crew on Jedha, Red 5). Some of them were utterly inspired (archive footage of X-Wing/Y-Wing pilots).

But I"ve got to say Dantooine would have been pretty cool to see. Maybe they can hold on to that idea for the Cassian Andor series.

If it ever actually gets filmed, that is.

I love the Vader hallway scene, in fact its one of my favorite scenes in all of the Star Wars movies. However, it would have been cool to see the proposed Vader scene of him storming the beach head and fighting the Rebels on the ground. I guess he would have just taken the place of the Death Troopers and removed the entrenched Rebels.