Villains of Eriador Figure Pack

By KifaruMan, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Anyone know when these are getting re-stocked? I've looked at a couple online stores and unfortunately can't find it available anywhere. Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe and playing lots of board games during lockdown.

6 hours ago, KifaruMan said:

Anyone know when these are getting re-stocked? I've looked at a couple online stores and unfortunately can't find it available anywhere. Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe and playing lots of board games during lockdown.

Probably June/July if Covid passes

Now that I see other games starting to ship do we have a date on this?

On 6/9/2020 at 7:35 PM, Daekjawa said:

Now that I see other games starting to ship do we have a date on this?

The Upcoming page doesn't appear to have any reprints on it, for any games. I would guess this might be due to their switching away from Alliance for NA distribution? Though I think there was also some sort of change to the Upcoming page, so they might just not have current reprints on there.

That said, with the first big expansion due early next month (July 10th), I would hope they'll be reprinting the Villains of Eriador pack soon. And maybe even the game mat. Because I missed out on both of those, and I want them šŸ˜›

Villains of Eriador is back in stock on the FFG website!

16 hours ago, Birdman137 said:

Villains of Eriador is back in stock on the FFG website!

Thank you! I ordered with free shipping, but I'm hoping to get it before my group fights Atarin on the 30th šŸ˜„ Gulgator for next week would be cool but I mean. I'm just glad to know it's on it's way at all, finally.

Edit: Got a shipping email today! I don't think it's necessarily left their warehouse yet, but it still got processed this far faster than I'd have expected given how things have been going with catch-up on delayed release preorders.

Edited by SpiderMana

Do these minis come pre-assembled? I know they are unpainted.

15 minutes ago, fjw70 said:

Do these minis come pre-assembled? I know they are unpainted.

Yeah, everything in this game is preassembled/molded/etc. Nothing you have to put together.

14 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, everything in this game is preassembled/molded/etc. Nothing you have to put together.

You have to assemble the game board for every adventure though /s šŸ˜’

App: Oh, I see the last person in your group explored a map tile. Let me reveal 8 more tiles.... .... ... That will be 8 threat increase from tiles alone... ... Threat event... ... You're group is surrounded by enemies.

Edited by Thaeggan
16 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

You have to assemble the game board for every adventure though /s šŸ˜’

App: Oh, I see the last person in your group explored a map tile. Let me reveal 8 more tiles.... .... ... That will be 8 threat increase from tiles alone... ... Threat event... ... You're group is surrounded by enemies.

This is what Journey Mode is for :P

I was annoyed to find that Journey Mode also gives everyone an inspiration every shadow phase, especially since we had the harp along on that campaign, which makes the tier 1 harp at least basically worthless. šŸ˜

Legolas and cleave.

App: Don't let the last person in your group explored a map tile. Because no one in the group can help afterwards if enemies pop up. Like, don't let your company split up and let them all explore tiles.

If you tiles are clean, don't plan yet and let the first person explore a tile and see what happens. Then decide what the person should do and the rest of the group afterwards.

These are things we (try) to remember every journey..

20 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

This is what Journey Mode is for :P

I was annoyed to find that Journey Mode also gives everyone an inspiration every shadow phase, especially since we had the harp along on that campaign, which makes the tier 1 harp at least basically worthless. šŸ˜

Iā€™m playing adventure mode single player with 2 characters and based on a suggestion I read here I ignore the free inspiration each turn. Keeps the game more challenging while still permitting a bit of exploring.

3 hours ago, paulinthehills said:

Iā€™m playing adventure mode single player with 2 characters and based on a suggestion I read here I ignore the free inspiration each turn. Keeps the game more challenging while still permitting a bit of exploring.

Yeaaaaaah, I started an Adventure Mode game with a friend and he brought the harp on Elena, because generating inspiration is great fun, y'know?

...And then the tier 1 harp is literally worthless in Adventure Mode.

So we're planning to ignore that extra inspiration generation in the future, because the resource management around inspiration is a good chunk of the decision making/planning in this game.