Outpost attack

By dinobaldi, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Due Corona Virus, last weekend I had a match against my two sons:

GtDRax2l.jpg

We was inspired by the new turret card in Epic Battles set.

We print 3D five objectives: one main power generator (hull 6), two small power generator (hull 3) and two secondary objectives (hull 6).

oSmZPJil.jpg

All are strongly defense by 9 "tiny turret":

2 dice - 360° attack, hull 3

There is also a Tibanna tank (hull 3), if is destroyed all in radius 1 suffer an attack 3 dice.

We repaint as obstacles the plastics case of 4 small ships. :-))))

VBmLZo8l.jpg

5 tie fighter are patrolling the area.

-------------- HOME RULES --------------

We introduce the concept of quota: 2 pegs means high level: no obstacles impact, no turrets impact, but the distance is augmented by one.

So if you are at distance 2 it means 3 if you are at different quota. If you are at 3 it means 4 and you can't attack.

If you are at distance 0 (one ship above other) you can't attack.

Only straight manouver can change the quota, but it will reduced by one: a 3 manouver will be long 2 with peg change.

A bomb will fell down to the lower quote. Instead rockets, torpedoes, etc. need to be launched at the same target quota.

------------------------------------------------

A small group of Rebel's heroes try to destroy the power generators and the secondary objectives.

NqccXy6l.jpg

We start the match, considering the 9 tiny turrets at value of 10 point each.

Both the factions have so 300 points to spend.

pCGKZ3El.jpg

Let's start the dogfight !

After a front assault the rebels ships suffer a lot....

2i9rJtOl.jpg

They destroy some turrets and a Tie Fighter, but only two of the three primary objectives blow up.

Only Miranda survives, escaping to continue the campaign...

That looks awesome. I like the house rules too (friendly language tip - where you say quota, you probably mean elevation).

Stay safe, keep flying!