Mortarion - Affects Space marines ?

By Keithandor, in Horus Heresy

Does Mortation's ability of reducing rank on Imperial Units by one affect Space Marines ?

I guess so?

And does this happen before combat , therefore reducing the cards that the Imperial Player will draw for combat ?

And I guess this means that it would only take 2 damage to kill a space marine ?

Keithandor said:

Does Mortation's ability of reducing rank on Imperial Units by one affect Space Marines ?

I guess so?

And does this happen before combat , therefore reducing the cards that the Imperial Player will draw for combat ?

And I guess this means that it would only take 2 damage to kill a space marine ?

All non-Traitor units, so Space Marines and Titans are also affected. Yes and Yes to the other questions, making Mortarion a very nasty Hero when backed by the Death Guard.

Does that power also outright kill any rank 1 or wounded units with 1 wound remaining at the start of the fight? So six Imperial Army units attacking Mortarion would all just die at the start of the fight? Or does it just affect the number of combat cards you'll end up getting?

Mortarion's ability reduces the rank of non-traitor units by one, to a minimum of one. So Imperial Army units will not be instant killed. They will not be affected by the ability at all.

Three Headed Monkey said:

Mortarion's ability reduces the rank of non-traitor units by one, to a minimum of one. So Imperial Army units will not be instant killed. They will not be affected by the ability at all.

Ah ok - so it's only units that are already 1 wound away from death - eg. Space Marines with 2 wounds - which would die from this?

Still a nasty power.

Mr_Q said:

Three Headed Monkey said:

Ah ok - so it's only units that are already 1 wound away from death - eg. Space Marines with 2 wounds - which would die from this?

Still a nasty power.

Yup. And yes, it is a really nasty power. Probably the best.