Building decks for Enlightenment three player games

By Didyk2, in L5R LCG: Multiplayer Beta Discussion

I own a single Core Box, each of Imperial Cycle packs and just bought a Clan Wars expansion.
Any suggestions on building three decks from this card pool for casual Enlightenment games?

Hmm. With one core, you're going to have some problems. First, there aren't enough provinces for everyone to have a full set of 5. In the medium term, I'd suggest trying to get hold of a copy of Clan War, but in the short term, you really have two choices - make up some proxy provinces, or play with the Skirmish rules and no provinces. The latter might be easier.

You're also going to need to makes yourself two more sets of ring tokens, since you need one set per player.

I would suggest then each player picking 2 clans, and just using all the cards from each clan. To this add

• Dynasty: the Otomo, Seppun, Miya and Wandering Ronin - this will give you a deck of 30-33 cards
  • Conflcit: there's a complication here, as none of these neutrals are 3x. The best option is to draft 9 cards each from the 28 available neutral conflict for 28-30 card decks.

None of this is perfect, but it should get you something you can play with.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Didyk2 said:

I own a single Core Box, each of Imperial Cycle packs and just bought a Clan Wars expansion.
Any suggestions on building three decks from this card pool for casual Enlightenment games?

Good question. I answered above, and are quoting you to attract your attention.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Good question. I answered above, and are quoting you to attract your attention.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I promise to post a feedback once I try a trio game.