Weapons and multiple enemies Confusion

By Blandicoot, in Talisman Rules Questions

So basically I am confused on how a character is supposed to be fighting multiple enemies with one weapon. I could not find an answer in the forums.

Example, I draw 2 cards, both are monsters of strength with different encounter numbers.

When I fight monster A) I choose to use a sword in battle and win.
When I fight monster B) Am I able to use that same sword in battle or am I forced to fight with no Weapons? Because the rules seem a little confusing when they try to explain

From my understanding and so far everyone I have played with on the Physical edition has always used the same weapon for the next monster they fight after they won against the first monster,
plus the rules say that only on Weapon may be used at a time, but from our understanding, that the reference to time was on battle, NOT multiple battles such as the example i posted above.

When we use the Warrior, we let him fight with two weapons in one battle per monster, while he is good fighting like that, he has really only ever one once or twice in the past 2 years of me playing this game.

Reason I am asking is because I recently started playing the Digital Edition on the Nintendo Switch and found that you can only use one Weapon when fighting two different monster and it COMPLETELY caught

me off guard and left me thinking the game was broken or something lol.

RULES ON ATTACKING

3. Character Attack Roll
The character rolls one die, the result of which is considered the attack roll. The character’s attack score is
the attack roll plus the character’s Strength, plus any other modifiers that may apply. Remember that only
one Weapon may be used at a time (see “‘Weapon’ and ‘Armour’ Keywords”).

“Weapon” and “Armour” Keywords

Some Objects that increase a character’s fighting ability have the keyword Weapon next to the text for the card’s ability. A character may only use one Weapon during an attack.

Some Objects that prevent the loss of life when a character is defeated have the keyword Armour next to the text for the card’s ability. A character may only use one Armour during an attack.

Hi!

’One weapon at a time’ refers to one weapon per battle (you can’t use one axe and one sword simultaneously.. unless you have an ability). On the contrary you are perfectly allowed to use the same sword multiple times during one turn. For example when fighting an enemy in battle with encounter number 1, another battle with encounter number 2 and a third on the board (sentinel etc).

Agreed Nioreh