Alternate Draft Pools (Skirmish and Multiplayer)

By KuniMasori, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

I love the L5R draft format, but there is always the issue that drafting that many cards and building decks takes a lot of time, so our group can hardly play a complete "local draft tournament" in one siitting. I was wondering, is it in the plans for the design team to provide alternate draft pools, to support drafting for multiplayer (with the cards from clan wars) and drafting for Skirmish (as a 10-30 minutes format is absolutely ideal to draft then roundrobin/swiss in a single night).

If not I guess I'll have to put some time into that...

12 minutes ago, KuniMasori said:

I love the L5R draft format, but there is always the issue that drafting that many cards and building decks takes a lot of time, so our group can hardly play a complete "local draft tournament" in one siitting. I was wondering, is it in the plans for the design team to provide alternate draft pools, to support drafting for multiplayer (with the cards from clan wars) and drafting for Skirmish (as a 10-30 minutes format is absolutely ideal to draft then roundrobin/swiss in a single night).

If not I guess I'll have to put some time into that...

Its easy enough to do already, just adopt the Skirmish rules to draft format, remove Stronghold and Provinces from the pool and waive elemental/keeper/seeker restrictions and your good to go.

Biggest time sink is still the Draft it self

Edited by Schmoozies
3 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

Biggest time sink is still the Draft it self

Yep. I'm working on something to alleviate that. An app to let player draft on their tablet/laptop, so that nothing has to be shuffled and player just gather their drafted cards from a well classified collection to build their deck. I hope the current state of apocalypse give me enough time to complete it.

1 hour ago, KuniMasori said:

Yep. I'm working on something to alleviate that. An app to let player draft on their tablet/laptop, so that nothing has to be shuffled and player just gather their drafted cards from a well classified collection to build their deck. I hope the current state of apocalypse give me enough time to complete it.

I hope you have some luck with that. I assembled a draft set for my local play group and it takes most of a day to reset every time we play so anything to alleviate that would be great.

16 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

I hope you have some luck with that. I assembled a draft set for my local play group and it takes most of a day to reset every time we play so anything to alleviate that would be great.

Server is almost done. Interface to update card database and create card pools is done, 75% done on the running of a draft. I'm making Windows and Android clients at the same time, I guess I'm half way through. I'll post the link on the forum when it will be done.