New Rebel List

By dc0315, in Army Building

Just got Luke Operative and playing around with units I have and trying to go on the offensive with Rebels. Thoughts?

++ Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

Rebel Officer

+ Operative +

•Luke Skywalker: Force Push, Force Reflexes, Saber Throw

•R2-D2: •C-3PO

+ Corps +

Mark II Medium Blaster Trooper

Rebel Troopers: 2-1B Medical Droid, DLT-20A Trooper, Grappling Hooks

Rebel Veterans: CM-O/93 Trooper, HQ Uplink, Rebel Comms Technician, Recon Intel

+ Support +

AT-RT: AT-RT Flamethrower

Tauntaun Riders

Tauntaun Riders

+ Command Hand + Command Hand: •Son of Skywalker, •You Serve Your Master Well, ••Full of Surprises, ••My Ally Is the Force, •••I am a Jedi, •••Return of the Jedi, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards

+ Condition Cards: Clear Conditions, Hostile Environment, Limited Visibility, Rapid Reinforcements

Deployment Cards: Advanced Positions, Battle Lines, Major Offensive, The Long March

Objective Cards: Breakthrough, Intercept the Transmissions, Key Positions, Recover the Supplies.

Took the medical droid to give extra wounds on Luke or Taun Tauns.

N.B- if you decide to give Taun Tauns Tenacity, they take a wound so they get the red dice, then you heal that wound with the medical droid, do they still keep the red dice for being wounded or not?

Edited by dc0315
7 hours ago, dc0315 said:

Just got Luke Operative and playing around with units I have and trying to go on the offensive with Rebels. Thought?

Edit: i can remove points values if it goes against forum rules.

++ Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

Rebel Officer

+ Operative +

•Luke Skywalker: Force Push, Force Reflexes, Saber Throw

•R2-D2: •C-3PO

+ Corps +

Mark II Medium Blaster Trooper

Rebel Troopers: 2-1B Medical Droid, DLT-20A Trooper, Grappling Hooks

Rebel Veterans: CM-O/93 Trooper, HQ Uplink, Rebel Comms Technician, Recon Intel

+ Support +

AT-RT: AT-RT Flamethrower

Tauntaun Riders

Tauntaun Riders

+ Command Hand + Command Hand: •Son of Skywalker, •You Serve Your Master Well, ••Full of Surprises, ••My Ally Is the Force, •••I am a Jedi, •••Return of the Jedi, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards

+ Condition Cards: Clear Conditions, Hostile Environment, Limited Visibility, Rapid Reinforcements

Deployment Cards: Advanced Positions, Battle Lines, Major Offensive, The Long March

Objective Cards: Breakthrough, Intercept the Transmissions, Key Positions, Recover the Supplies.

Took the medical droid to give extra wounds on Luke or Taun Tauns.

N.B- if you decide to give Taun Tauns Tenacity, they take a wound so they get the red dice, then you heal that wound with the medical droid, do they still keep the red dice for being wounded or not?

There's no rules against posting point values. In order to benefit from Tenacity, the unit has to physically have a wound or be missing a model. if they get damaged and then fully healed they will not gain the benefit of the card. 'Wounded' has an entry in the RRG and has a specific meaning.

10 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

There's no rules against posting point values. In order to benefit from Tenacity, the unit has to physically have a wound or be missing a model. if they get damaged and then fully healed they will not gain the benefit of the card. 'Wounded' has an entry in the RRG and has a specific meaning.

Oh great, thanks! I didnt see it at first in the RRG, though i found it now. May I ask what you think of the list?

You took all of Luke's command cards, so make sure you play ultra conservatively with him since your Officer will be playing Standing Orders for the rest of the game if you don't. I normally wouldn't recommend Saber Throw on Luke since I'd generally rather spend actions moving to get in position for a charge as opposed to making a relatively ineffectual ranged attack, but it might be more useful if you're playing it safe as in this case. I assume the med droid is to revive your Vets, unless your hoping to use it on the tauntauns, which I think is kind of a vain hope given how fast the tauntauns are. Keep in mind that your AT-RT IS GOING TO DIE. It might not even get an attack off. That doesn't mean it wasn't useful, given that it's soaking up attacks that could otherwise be going into your squishier stuff like tauntauns or Vets. Flamers in this game are basically like a "taunt" in an MMO, your opponent HAS to deal with them or pay the price. Any attacks they might get off are a bonus.

Edit: Actually I just saw you intend to use the med droid to heal Luke or the TTs. Good luck. Most of the time I've seen them successfully used was on a static gunline bringing back Deathtroopers.

Edited by arnoldrew

@dc0315
"Oh great, thanks! I didnt see it at first in the RRG, though i found it now. May I ask what you think of the list?"

Have you played against any opponents using armor? (Besides Luke, it doesn't seem like you have anything that can kill a tank, or whatever, and if you lose Luke, you have no command cards; it seems like a very 'all eggs in one basket' problem).

14 minutes ago, Derrault said:

@dc0315
"Oh great, thanks! I didnt see it at first in the RRG, though i found it now. May I ask what you think of the list?"

Have you played against any opponents using armor? (Besides Luke, it doesn't seem like you have anything that can kill a tank, or whatever, and if you lose Luke, you have no command cards; it seems like a very 'all eggs in one basket' problem).

I have, though not with this list and not too much. I was thinking of only taking 3 luke cards in fact as 1 misstep or bad roll and im on standing orders for the rest of the game. I have a t-47, 3 at rts, 1.4FD, sabine, leia, 3 more rebel troopers and jyn besides these. Usually when i play vs an at st or a tank(havent played againd GAR or SEP tanks yet) i just ignore while killing the troopers and playing for objectives. Is that a good tactic vs armor?

15 hours ago, dc0315 said:

I have, though not with this list and not too much. I was thinking of only taking 3 luke cards in fact as 1 misstep or bad roll and im on standing orders for the rest of the game. I have a t-47, 3 at rts, 1.4FD, sabine, leia, 3 more rebel troopers and jyn besides these. Usually when i play vs an at st or a tank(havent played againd GAR or SEP tanks yet) i just ignore while killing the troopers and playing for objectives. Is that a good tactic vs armor?

Yeah, I’d diversify my command hand at least a little bit on the off chance the opponent just focus fires Luke into the ground.

Without any anti-armor, I’m not sure you have a choice point beyond ignoring/avoiding them.

edit: you could also hedge bets by putting impact grenades one some of those infantry units, but you’d have to drop something to pay for them.

Edited by Derrault

I like the list. I agree you need to be careful with Luke if you take all his command cards. I personally love doing that. His new cards are very strong. I used mind trick on him a lot at first but his attacks are so beefy now (I also run him with tenacity) that I actually like Saber throw on him. If you play Son of Skywalker and you kill the figure/unit with the first attack the second attack gets wasted and I like having that saber throw with it. Also 4 black dice with surge to crit and range 2 pierce 2 impact 2 is not awful, but I agree with what was said previously, use his melee attacks whenever possible.

I worry that your corp units will be focused and you will lose ability to claim objectives. If I saw that list on the other side of the table my entire goal would be to kil your corps and push the objectives. I'd drop the flamer ATRT, grap hooks and recon intel for 2 more naked corps I think.