Need help setting up Jedi Council encounter

By Plep00, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So without going too far into detail, one of my players is a Jedi Knight and just rescued a Master exploring in the Wild Region. Turns out a very powerful Dark Side user (not Sith) was holding her hostage to help him find something. The party did not kill the baddie but did escape with her life. She has severe trauma and won't be much for a testimony, so how would the Council react to his claim that a Dark Lord is searching for Force artifacts? (He is just barely a Knight and this is early Clone Wars.)

6 hours ago, Plep00 said:

So without going too far into detail, one of my players is a Jedi Knight and just rescued a Master exploring in the Wild Region. Turns out a very powerful Dark Side user (not Sith) was holding her hostage to help him find something. The party did not kill the baddie but did escape with her life. She has severe trauma and won't be much for a testimony, so how would the Council react to his claim that a Dark Lord is searching for Force artifacts? (He is just barely a Knight and this is early Clone Wars.)

Well the council will ask a lot of questions and will use sense to verify lie or not. And likely would be disturbed by this reality...

They would probably take it pretty seriously, but I also imagine they would be fairly unwilling to allot much of their force to it; there is a war on that is demanding pretty much all their attention so being able to respond to a dark sider that seems to not be affiliated with the Sith cause might only warrant a token response at best. He might be a problem but it can wait until the separatist rebellion is quelled, the Jedi are an instrument to defend and uphold the republic first, defending the galaxy from evil a fairly distant second. The whole thing with Naboo said that much; even raising mention of Sith didn't really rouse anything out of them so Qui-Gon went back to Naboo alone to see what he could do now that his trip back to the council yielded no fruit.

So yeah, fairly seriously, but also fairly unwilling to lend assistance. Pretty much most masters are already commited to the war as Generals by this point so they wouldn't be avalible to track down a rogue force user.

What era? The closer to Episode I, likely the more dubious they will be.

1 hour ago, kaosoe said:

What era? The closer to Episode I, likely the more dubious they will be.

and closer to episode 3, the less Jedi there will be. XD

1 hour ago, LordBritish said:

and closer to episode 3, the less Jedi there will be. XD

And the more spread thin they will be. And less able to foresee things...