Metal stormtroopers.

By CloneTrooperOdball123, in Painting

What is your opinion on Metallic Stormtroopers

I thought Phasma looked pretty cool, but I might be a minority on that. ;)

As a colour? Not favourable, but it's your army, your rules / choice of paint mate ;)

I do think it should be interesting to have metallic stormtrooper. As we have black death trooper that contrasts with the rest of the army. But for one or two units (should represent elite), not for all the guys. Some w40k space marine chapter are 100% metal but they are not the ones I prefer.

7 minutes ago, Krakus said:

I do think it should be interesting to have metallic stormtrooper. As we have black death trooper that contrasts with the rest of the army. But for one or two units (should represent elite), not for all the guys. Some w40k space marine chapter are 100% metal but they are not the ones I prefer .

Stop this blasphemy immediately! The only space marine chapter worth a lick is the Grey Knights chapter, and they are clad in blessed, glorious, gunmetal armor. Their terminator armor is, in particular, quite schnazzy due to the sweet helmets.

I don't go in for much of the GW lore, but I do like the Grey Knights and their aesthetic. To each their own, though.

OP, I recommend you look up some Grey Knights reference photos for ideas on metallic future-armor. I have painted a bit of it and quite like the way it looks, though I have not tried it on stormtroopers.

In Legends there were Radiation Stormtroopers (Radtroopers) that had reflective silver armor. So there is precedent.

9 hours ago, Jedhead said:

Stop this blasphemy immediately! The only space marine chapter worth a lick is the Grey Knights chapter, and they are clad in blessed, glorious, gunmetal armor. Their terminator armor is, in particular, quite schnazzy due to the sweet helmets.

I don't go in for much of the GW lore, but I do like the Grey Knights and their aesthetic. To each their own, though.

OP, I recommend you look up some Grey Knights reference photos for ideas on metallic future-armor. I have painted a bit of it and quite like the way it looks, though I have not tried it on stormtroopers.

I agree with you the grey knights Terminator are beautiful minis, if you take them individually or as a squad.... But half of the body are covered by fabrics, medals it is what makes the color scheme to pop... The minis without such decoration are not my preferred (old tactical spaces Marines), specially if they are dozens on the table.

Edited by Krakus
7 hours ago, Krakus said:

I agree with you the grey knights Terminator are beautiful minis, if you take them individually or as a squad.... But half of the body are covered by fabrics, medals it is what makes the color scheme to pop... The minis without such decoration are not my preferred (old tactical spaces Marines), specially if they are dozens on the table.

Yes, the fabrics and seals certainly make the scheme pop. Grey Knights also have their nemesis weapons, which allows for some eye-catching color if you paint them up with the psi energy on the blades.

I do like the look of their tactical marines as well, but I only play kill team, not the full version, so I am never running more than a squad or so. I think you are correct that a full table of them with only metallics would look a little boring. Stormtroopers would especially suffer from this, as they have no additional equipment, etc. to break up the scheme.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:44 PM, CloneTrooperOdball123 said:

What is your opinion on Metallic Stormtroopers

Haven't seen any, but paint yours up and show us!

I knew a guy that painted all of his minis like chess pieces. They were all metallic gold with a wash. They looked cohesive on the table.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, TheGoldfinch said:

I thought Phasma looked pretty cool, but I might be a minority on that. ;)

My daughter: is obsessed with her. She's poised to be that generation's Boba Fett.

Me: I love my metal stormtroopers. But I painted them white.

@CloneTrooperOdball123 : Do it your way. Luckily core set models are so cheap you experiment on the models.

Edited by TauntaunScout
On 3/17/2020 at 3:39 AM, Krakus said:

Harumph. I remember when "dozens" of space marines quickly added up to 2,000 points.

Dj8PBRZ.jpg

Thank you for your feedback! I will try to get some pictures out.