Under Dark Waves

By Hannibal_pjv, in Arkham Horror

Two new locations: Kingsport and Innsmouth and new ways to move to these two places Are good indications how this game can expand in the future.

Also new longer codex paths and terror offer a climpse how this modular game can develop in the future. Very promising to see this kind of development! Definitely waiting for Other World expansion in some unforeseen future. This fist big box expansion proves how easily and how much this game can change with expansions. We can see game mechanics that Are only used in one scenario, the game play can be completely different based on codex cards. We may have the old doom expand mechanic, or something completely different.

Codex Also can make It so that game does not get bloated, because each scenario could use only some part of developed mechanic pool.
This first big box expansion makes me want to see more of these!

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Typos...
4 hours ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

Codex Also can make It so that game does not get bloated, because each scenario could use only some part of developed mechanic pool.
This first big box expansion makes me want to see more of these!

What do you mean with "bloated"?

2 hours ago, divrg said:

What do you mean with "bloated"?

My guess is it's referring to AH2e which became very bloated & the card pools became more diluted with each expansion.

7 hours ago, DMG said:

My guess is it's referring to AH2e which became very bloated & the card pools became more diluted with each expansion.

aha, i understand thank you.

Exactly! You have to pick and chose in AH2nd to keep game focused!

3rd seems to make it at core level automatically... but Lets see when we have 10 expansion how things Are going.

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Clarification

I am angry at them for not showing a picture of innsmouth 😃

Edited by divrg

It is new collection in my game list but I could not plan well on my system.