FFG rpgs transitioning to EDGE Entertainment.

By Avatar111, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

I'm just worried the new books will be as poorly translated as Edge's temporary site. That was a rough read.

4 hours ago, Kyasanur said:

I'm just worried the new books will be as poorly translated as Edge's temporary site. That was a rough read.

If its anything like Anima: Beyond Fantasy, then say your prayers. lol

11 hours ago, BlindSamurai13 said:

If its anything like Anima: Beyond Fantasy, then say your prayers. lol

Anima: Beyond Fantasy is actually pretty darned good translation wise

28 minutes ago, Ni Fang said:

Anima: Beyond Fantasy is actually pretty darned good translation wise

Me and my gaming group will have to respectfully disagree. :) It is because of that translation that my gaming group didn't invest in that game. **** good artwork though.

13 minutes ago, BlindSamurai13 said:

Me and my gaming group will have to respectfully disagree. :) It is because of that translation that my gaming group didn't invest in that game. **** good artwork though.

Its possible they used a translation software and thus missed words or put down dynamic equavileant for the translation process ? Its been done before in the Church alone.

Yeah I can agree on the artwork, dang good artwork. Kinda reminds me of Overlight

On 3/17/2020 at 2:12 PM, Ni Fang said:

Its possible they used a translation software and thus missed words or put down dynamic equavileant for the translation process ? Its been done before in the Church alone.

Yeah I can agree on the artwork, dang good artwork. Kinda reminds me of Overlight

The translation of Anima: Beyond Fantasy was dreadful at best and a a crime to TTRPG's at worst.

I have the books in both Spanish and English, one of my players is bilingual and translates them, and he said that a lot of the religious overtones in the English books are miss translations, half the combat and weapons descriptions are completely wrong, and Anima Prometheum Exxet's translation is a joke from start to finish.

And to top it all off the English corebook is not even the right edition for all the expansion books.

The whole thing was a mess.

Edited by tenchi2a