Acrin's Depot (91st Recon Corps)

By Acrin, in Painting

Hi all! Here is where I will post my paint jobs. Did a little painting with 1/72 WWI minis before getting into Legion, but haven't really painted seriously before getting the Clone Wars core set in January. C & C welcome as I hope to keep improving.

Here's my Saber Tank. The one thing I know I could do better was completely forgetting to wash the recesses before weathering it. I tried to go back and do some of it but I didn't like how it looked over the dry brushing. Still, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Also, how do I make these imgur links appear as images? Got it!

f6CAOQ5.jpg

2hGFVdb.jpg

mp2JRR8.jpg

p223m2t.jpg

tqWoLT1.jpg

I want to use the Barc speeder models to put a few guys sitting on the sides. I want to do it with small magnets so I can remove them at will.

0I3GHeI.jpg

Edited by Acrin

" Cut off and for all we knew abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander. Without her iron will, none of us would have come out of that mess with our sanity, or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick. She earned that much."

Aayla model from Skull Forge Miniatures.

CXGpLgO.jpg

ELSZ9Ph.jpg

Edited by Acrin

The end of the word hasn't sent me home from work yet, but it has rearranged my schedule a ton. Here's my finished project of the 21st Nova Corps (Phase IIs and modded Snowtroopers). I'm no pro, for sure, but for 3 months experience painting I'm pretty pleased with the result!

With both Cody and Bacara from Mel Miniatures, I've struggled to get a good look from my paints, I didn't have this issue as much with Aayla from Skull Forge Studios. Does anyone have any experience with Mel?

And I know, Aayla fought with the 327th Star Corps, but I think she fits in with the 21st.

4VQSat8.jpg

SRaJzxM.jpg

ELjF2U8.jpg

43aWwGg.jpg

The paint apps and weathering are awesome mate.

On 3/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, Acrin said:

to use the Barc speeder models to put a few guys sitting on the sides. I want to do it with small magnets so I can remove them at will.

0I3GHeI.jpg

Great Idea and well made! It makes your tank more "alive"

On your picts I noticed the clone from the tank kit for not have feet. It is a shame it was design this way. I remember that one of my very first model was a 1/35 Sherman (m4a1) from tamya. The commandeur was similarly settled but it was possible to remove it to use it beside the tank because of the two feet he got.

Your painting and weathering are both well done as well.

Can you explain the differences between Mel and skull forge studio? Is the plastic different? Or printing quality?

Great work on the conversions and the painting.

Whew, it's been a few...

I actually got my Arcs on time, but them arriving made me go to my shame pile and start working on my boxes of Phase IIs that have been sitting on my hobby table since May. I based them off of the 91st Recon Corps and did some simple conversions to make them a little more dynamic. I'm still no expert painter, but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

I go into a bit more on my blog if you want to check that out: https://www.craftthegalaxy.com/post/a-little-bit-of-flash-91st-recon-corps

z4kkRpZ.jpg

QLAgKW1.jpg

BpYn4hr.jpg

9dGYEpL.jpg

JAoEexM.jpg

jdm0UPD.jpg

JSfsusq.jpg

6MW3XAI.jpg

0IvhYhH.jpg

7kSPZ4j.jpg

m38Tc2j.jpg

4PUvc6P.jpg

Edited by Acrin

Man, I love your weathering on that tank. It looks amazing. You troops are top notch as well. But that tank is fantastic, very well done!

Hi Acrin, what paint did you use for the red on the tank? Thanks!