Duplicate expansions

By thinkbomb, in Runewars Miniatures Game

kinda getting into runewars, admittedly mostly because of the minis. As such, I definitely plan on getting one of each.

However, I would like to have some viability with the builds. So...

I'm curious which of the figure packs would be ideal to get multiples of.

Thanks!

Depends on the army/armies you wish to create and how much variety and creative customization you want to go for within them. Plus of course your budget/available funds!

I've stocked up on a few where multiples make sense such as cavalry/creature units (leonx, cavalry, flesh rippers...) and generic armed units but then I'm also interested in allowing the game to have big battlefields with an epic scrap going on movie-style (which might need its own rules as the game's designed for smaller battles) so I've added a few that might suit this- remember the units you get in the core sets though in any counts for your plans (main core - which gives you the Daqan/Waiqar core, Latari and Uthuk expansion cores)

Also if you wish to vary your paint choices (and maybe change the figures used from battle to battle)- a good example is carrion lancers- I got a few sets of these to do some different paint jobs (I liked the idea from the lore that they vary based on what they eat!) but also as I'm using them for Genesys RPG purposes, Descent and other Terrinoth games I wanted some custom riderless ones for just the creature as you might encounter them in the wild- I've got a bit of a unique take on them where they have a parasitic life cycle with different stages that links them into plague worms, corpse bugs/broodwalkers. possibly carrion drakes from Descent- corpse bugs find a host, it becomes a broodwalker- basically their breeding ground nest/host/life support, then they form into one entity within the host, you get where that's going :)

Similarly some people may wish to have 'colours/banners etc' for their armies and customize them - again maybe into different armies- each with their own colour scheme/ banners/ origin theme etc.

There's also the aspect of if you want to bring in other Terrinoth/similar entities as per other discussions on these forums, thus you may wish to add some Descent/other sets to your kit for the minis (maybe even for battlefield terrain etc as well)- I've snapped up a few of the cheaper RWM sets in case the dials etc come in handy for customizing-in these other Terrinoth units/armies. Any spares can then be alternate paints/ battle-wounded paints to swap in mid-battle, purely scenic casualties or as you wish.

So you can go as deep as you wish (maybe not as deep as the likes of myself- it's only worth that depth if you're playing Terrinoth across multiple games thus making the most of the crossover potential of the minis etc).

thanks dude ^^