Discarding cards and the affect on point value

By Smokedgouda, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I have a question regarding the affect that discarding ship upgrade cards has on the point value of a ship, and I don't think I've found any documentation about it in any of the official FFG rule books. It may be a common sense answer, but I'd like something more official, or at least an answer from someone with more knowledge of the subject. My question is this:

If a upgrade card is discarded from a ship as the result of using it and that ship is later destroyed during the course of the game, does the point value of the ship still include the value of the already discarded upgrade card or is the point value decreased by the value of the discarded upgrade card?

The discarded upgrade card counts toward the point total of the destroyed ship. You can find this rule under Scoring on page 9 of the RRG.

10 minutes ago, Astrodar said:

The discarded upgrade card counts toward the point total of the destroyed ship. You can find this rule under Scoring on page 9 of the RRG.

Perfect. So there is a rules reference about it. I just didn't know where to look. I'm also glad to learn that I've been playing it correctly. Thanks for the response.

Rules reference Guide, Pg. 13 under "Upgrade Cards":

• If a ship’s upgrade card is discarded, it is flipped facedown but remains equipped for the purposes of scoring.