Mutant Invasion!

By Swordbreaker, in Genesys

With some community concern over the future of GeneSys in particular, and their RPGs in general, it's a good choice for FFG to promote new scheduled content.

That said, personally, I have no feelings one way or the other about KeyForge, other than I'll likely pick it up as a resource for home-brewing as opposed to playing the setting.

As to Mutant Invasion specifically, I'm interested less in the setting's expansion content, and more in the idea of a new format for mini expansions as a precedent. Clearly this is (a little) more than what we've seen in previous Adversary decks, so that's intriguing. Perhaps we'll see similar offerings for previous content. Though what I'd really like to see are decks for equipment and vehicles frankly.

Regardless, and again, it's good to see FFG talking about upcoming new options.

With the recent talk (rumor?) of FFG roleplaying lines continuing and a soon-to-come announcement, I wonder if we aren't looking at the future of supplements here.

Seems they can roll this sort of content into their existing departments, continuing the rpg lines without a dedicated division.

As long as the Foundry stays up, I'd take it.

I am really looking forward to this. KeyForge scratches my itch for weird settings. I'm all for this format introducing new content - if I can't get a book.