Questions about "When Titans Stride the Earth" (sic?) Event Card:

By LETE, in Horus Heresy

Hi!

I was wondering if this card's "move" is treated as a normal Move action, disregarding the activation/routing rules?

What happens if the only way to the intended target Hero crosses paths with another Hero ? Does the player have to attack him or can this Hero be ignored, since the player wanted to attack the other, originally (for instance - let's say I get the Event card & use it to attack the Emperor, but getting there I cross paths with Dorn; am I obligated to attack Dorn or can I just ignore him, since I originally stated that I wanted to attack the Emperor?)?

Thanks!

L

Only orders care about activation markers, Event don't.

As to the other part, depends. If you can move your Hero adjacent to the Emp, then you can attack him, but if you can't you would have to move him adjacent to another Imperial Hero, likely Dorn in this case. Note that TStE doesn't mention anything about a target Hero. Instead you choose one of your Heroes (+ units in 1 area) adjacent to another area that is adjacent to at least 1enemy Hero.

Dam said:

Only orders care about activation markers, Event don't.

As to the other part, depends. If you can move your Hero adjacent to the Emp, then you can attack him, but if you can't you would have to move him adjacent to another Imperial Hero, likely Dorn in this case. Note that TStE doesn't mention anything about a target Hero. Instead you choose one of your Heroes (+ units in 1 area) adjacent to another area that is adjacent to at least 1enemy Hero.

That's how I interpreted it, but the Imperial player wasn't too keen on it, for some reason... Maybe because I got within inches of taking the Emperor's life?

L