I'm just gonna'...

By KCDodger, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Just gonna' rant for a second.

So, Palpatine is in a clone body in TRoS. Okay, well. That about does it for me to be honest. Why the frak does he need Rey for if he can keep making clone bodies? Oh, what's that? The clone bodies are imperfect? Well you know, there was an entire frakking war fought with them. Now one might say, "oh but it clones your body at the age you gave your samples" yeah so? What, like Palpatine, with full access to Kamino thanks to Sifo-Diyas, didn't store away some stuff for himself? I don't believe that for a second, but that's what this tells me and it's frakking BS. So the whole ritual makes no gods damned sense now if Palpatine can force-yeet himself across the frakking galaxy into a new clone body. Who the frak says he didn't do it again? Will Palpatine ever really die?

Remember Rey Nobody from Nowhere, who was able to change things and make a difference not because she was of some pOwErFUl BlOoD but because she was just somebody with courage and grit? Yeah, I miss that. Because that resonated. Who the frak am I? Who are you? Who is anybody we know? We're all nobodies in the grand scheme but we can all be somebody. I liked that Rey could be a symbol for that. But no, no she sure is somebody. She's the somebodyest somebody that ever somebodied. Gods, if I ever -waste- a character like Rey or Kylo Ren please McMurder my ***. I would not deserve to continue existing.

All this crap coming out months later with titles like, "Did you know" (no, how the **** could we???) it's just... it's starting to hurt really bad. I put a lot of faith in this new trilogy and the moment Luke caught the Skywalker lightsaber and said, "A Jedi's weapon should be treated with respect." I just went, "Wow I sure am a real stupid PoS for defending your films for four frakking years aren't I Disney?". I'm hurt. Worse yet it's the one I prepared my girlfriend for. She digs Star Wars now, but at this point is getting more irate about it too, because why wouldn't she? Why wouldn't anybody?

And then after TRoS, what, they announce - not going forward! But 200 years in the friggin' past? ALL about Jedi? Oh yeah Disney churn out that sweet sweet glow-bat wielding space wizard content! We aren't tired of it apparently! No, nobody wants to hear the stories about the common man, Solo proved that right? Nope, we only want The Force, we ONLY want Jedi, we ONLY want Sith! Let's never do anything bold or unique ever again! Produce by formula, don't dare make art! Make product!

Just imagine a lot of expletives right here.

What the F**K is the point of eradicating the EU if you're JUST GOING TO MAKE DARK EMPIRE AGAIN!? I'm so... TIRED. I'm so tired guys. By TLJ s**t was going REALLY well. REALLY bold. REALLY different. But nooooo. We couldn't do THAT. We HAD to retreat back into the safety net of unchallenging content. GODS, WE COULDN'T EVEN GET FINN/POE TO HAPPEN. Because what, reps said, "oh no we're not ready for it" OH YEAH, YOU'RE READY TO REP US IN A QUICK SCENE YOU CAN EDIT OUT but not what your LEAD ACTORS are TRYING TO DO.

I've just about frakking- no, I have had it. TRoS is easily the messiest film in Star Wars' history and I'm probably going to own/watch it again at some point, but it SURE WON'T BE SOON unless it's a Return of The King style director's cut where TONS OF STUFF IS ADDED that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE in the initial release because it's the END OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA so you could DO THAT AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

I'm so DONE. Do I still want to see The Mandalorian Season 2? Of course I do. Mando's great TV. Don't care what it's building towards at all anymore though. Gods, if I hear one more reference to Batuu in behind the scenes looks one more damned time I'm gonna' SCREAM.

I really wanted to love The Sequel Trilogy. But TRoS burned me like almost nothing else has. This hurt is only comparable to what I felt when 343 Industries mangled Halo almost entirely beyond repair.

Gods, they were doing so well. I'm not going to ask where it all went wrong, I know where it did, they listened to the squeaky wheel. Rule number ONE of fiction, DO NOT listen to the people that hate your product. It's not for them. I don't know why that's so hard to understand...

I'm leaving space for a FTS Gecko and McFoy laughing emoji, you two can do what you do to these posts, I already expect it.

I'm just... I'm so tired.

I think this was a little overboard, but it's totally okay to be disappointed in Rise of Skywalker. It was just a bad movie.

I was wondering the whole movie why Palps had lightning damage wrinkle skin? I understand the rotting look, but shouldn't he look like Ian, just old ?

5 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Just gonna' rant for a second.

So, Palpatine is in a clone body in TRoS. Okay, well. That about does it for me to be honest. Why the frak does he need Rey for if he can keep making clone bodies? Oh, what's that? The clone bodies are imperfect? Well you know, there was an entire frakking war fought with them. Now one might say, "oh but it clones your body at the age you gave your samples" yeah so? What, like Palpatine, with full access to Kamino thanks to Sifo-Diyas, didn't store away some stuff for himself? I don't believe that for a second, but that's what this tells me and it's frakking BS. So the whole ritual makes no gods damned sense now if Palpatine can force-yeet himself across the frakking galaxy into a new clone body. Who the frak says he didn't do it again? Will Palpatine ever really die?

Remember Rey Nobody from Nowhere, who was able to change things and make a difference not because she was of some pOwErFUl BlOoD but because she was just somebody with courage and grit? Yeah, I miss that. Because that resonated. Who the frak am I? Who are you? Who is anybody we know? We're all nobodies in the grand scheme but we can all be somebody. I liked that Rey could be a symbol for that. But no, no she sure is somebody. She's the somebodyest somebody that ever somebodied. Gods, if I ever -waste- a character like Rey or Kylo Ren please McMurder my ***. I would not deserve to continue existing.

All this crap coming out months later with titles like, "Did you know" (no, how the **** could we???) it's just... it's starting to hurt really bad. I put a lot of faith in this new trilogy and the moment Luke caught the Skywalker lightsaber and said, "A Jedi's weapon should be treated with respect." I just went, "Wow I sure am a real stupid PoS for defending your films for four frakking years aren't I Disney?". I'm hurt. Worse yet it's the one I prepared my girlfriend for. She digs Star Wars now, but at this point is getting more irate about it too, because why wouldn't she? Why wouldn't anybody?

And then after TRoS, what, they announce - not going forward! But 200 years in the friggin' past? ALL about Jedi? Oh yeah Disney churn out that sweet sweet glow-bat wielding space wizard content! We aren't tired of it apparently! No, nobody wants to hear the stories about the common man, Solo proved that right? Nope, we only want The Force, we ONLY want Jedi, we ONLY want Sith! Let's never do anything bold or unique ever again! Produce by formula, don't dare make art! Make product!

Just imagine a lot of expletives right here.

What the F**K is the point of eradicating the EU if you're JUST GOING TO MAKE DARK EMPIRE AGAIN!? I'm so... TIRED. I'm so tired guys. By TLJ s**t was going REALLY well. REALLY bold. REALLY different. But nooooo. We couldn't do THAT. We HAD to retreat back into the safety net of unchallenging content. GODS, WE COULDN'T EVEN GET FINN/POE TO HAPPEN. Because what, reps said, "oh no we're not ready for it" OH YEAH, YOU'RE READY TO REP US IN A QUICK SCENE YOU CAN EDIT OUT but not what your LEAD ACTORS are TRYING TO DO.

I've just about frakking- no, I have had it. TRoS is easily the messiest film in Star Wars' history and I'm probably going to own/watch it again at some point, but it SURE WON'T BE SOON unless it's a Return of The King style director's cut where TONS OF STUFF IS ADDED that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE in the initial release because it's the END OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA so you could DO THAT AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

I'm so DONE. Do I still want to see The Mandalorian Season 2? Of course I do. Mando's great TV. Don't care what it's building towards at all anymore though. Gods, if I hear one more reference to Batuu in behind the scenes looks one more damned time I'm gonna' SCREAM.

I really wanted to love The Sequel Trilogy. But TRoS burned me like almost nothing else has. This hurt is only comparable to what I felt when 343 Industries mangled Halo almost entirely beyond repair.

Welcome to the team .

I had that feeling the very day after TRoS premiere, when the initial stun started to fade out and I realized how stupid the film was.

5 hours ago, KCDodger said:

TRoS is easily the messiest film in Star Wars' history

This. ^

The plot of TFA and TLJ is awfully full of holes, but at least the execution of both films was good. TFA is an exciting "remake" of Ep IV and TLJ has the most beautiful photography in the saga. But TRoS is just offensive.

Edited by Odanan
42 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I was wondering the whole movie why Palps had lightning damage wrinkle skin? I understand the rotting look, but shouldn't he look like Ian, just old ?

That's not even scratching the surface of how incoherent everything is in the movie.

These guys get it:

Shad's the best.

Edited by Odanan

Don't think about these movies too much. The people who made them didn't.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, KCDodger said:

GODS, WE COULDN'T EVEN GET FINN/POE TO HAPPEN. Because what, reps said, "oh no we're not ready for it" OH YEAH, YOU'RE READY TO REP US IN A QUICK SCENE YOU CAN EDIT OUT but not what your LEAD ACTORS are TRYING TO DO.

Personally, I am happy that never shot off, although I agree Disney is at fault for editing of that scene, etc. I do wish to clarify, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure John Boyega never cared about the Poe/Finn relationship, as he has pretty cosistantly stated how much he wanted Rey/Finn on his twitter after TROS came to theaters months ago.

That being said, I agree with pretty much everything else you said. When a film tries to please everyone, it absolutely pleases no one. I am honestly not sure how it made a billion in the box office.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:52 PM, Jo Jo said:

Truer words and actions have never been spoken.

Edited by Shadowshand
8 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

This. So much.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, KCDodger said:

What the F**K is the point of eradicating the EU if you're JUST GOING TO MAKE DARK EMPIRE AGAIN!?

This is actually my favorite part.

Its like Disney said, "Okay, all that already established stuff is gone. We don't need it.

Except Thrawn. We need Thrawn. The rest of this stuff we don't need.

Except Dark Empire . We need Palpatine clones...."

UnsungElegantCrane-size_restricted.gif

No emoji is suitable for my current mirth.

giphy.gif

The irony of such a rant coming from someone like you is just so very rich. I love it.

14 hours ago, Scopes said:

The irony of such a rant coming from someone like you is just so very rich. I love it.

Is it fun to enjoy people's suffering? Because I've never done it.

It is interesting as more and more information comes out on TROS, the more questions come around versus questions being answered.

Edited by Shadowshand

@KCDodger no, no laughing emoji. We might have different views on the sequel trilogy but we're both still Star Wars fans. You're clearly as frustrated and disappointed with TROS as I was when I watched TLJ.

So I know how you feel.

None of us wanted to feel let down by the sequels, and none of us wanted a divisive, disappointing return for the franchise.

But we still got X-Wing, at least.

3 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

@KCDodger no, no laughing emoji. We might have different views on the sequel trilogy but we're both still Star Wars fans. You're clearly as frustrated and disappointed with TROS as I was when I watched TLJ.

So I know how you feel.

None of us wanted to feel let down by the sequels, and none of us wanted a divisive, disappointing return for the franchise.

But we still got X-Wing, at least.

...Thanks, FTS.

Yea it was pretty bad. Bottom 4 material.

Sorry you feel that way @KCDodger

Not that I particularly disagree. I skipped the anger phase and just went straight to apathy before the movie was over. I've never felt that in a Star Wars film before. I watched the Phantom Menace three times in the first 24 hours... each time I felt a whole lot less satisfied with the product, and the last absolutely focusing on the poor to the point I was cringing... but I've never shrugged at the end and walked out at the end feeling so much... nothing.

There were some good scenes in there, but at a certain point I just stopped caring. Is that worse than disliking a movie?

On 3/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, TasteTheRainbow said:

Bottom 4 material.

Bottom three.

Edited by LagJanson

@LagJanson

The opposite of love is not hate , it's indifference.

- Elie Wiesel

Edited by kris40k

The thing which keeps bugging me: the object which drove so much of the plot was a map... to second map. That's a pretty good indicator of the absolute lack of ideas.

Anyhow, keep on rantin'.

We all had to sit through so dang many anti-TLJ rants, we've earned the right to vent when the film is actually trash.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:35 AM, KCDodger said:

Is it fun to enjoy people's suffering? Because I've never done it.

Some people's "suffering" is more comical than anything so it can't be helped. Over the past 5 years there have been unscrupulous individuals who would have you believe that those who disliked tfa and TLJ were trying to ruin the franchise for those that didn't. Given that Disney went and did it themselves is just sublime. 👌