star wars paint set color equivalents

By DFocke, in Painting

I received the core, rebel and imperial paint sets as a gift. I am fine with the paints, and definitely using them. However I am getting low on a couple of the colors, and I don't want to have to buy the full sets again for just a couple of colors I use more often. I was wondering if anybody knew what the equivalent colors were from Army Painter. Specifically Endor Timber, Rebel Fatigues, Rebel Camouflage, Rodia Clouds, and Fleet Trooper Blue. Are there even any straight equivalents? Close will work in a pinch. I have looked on Army Painter's website, but maybe it is looking from my screen to the physical paints, but I wasn't sure which paints equate to which.

Thank you in advance.

I’m surprised no one else has run into this. I’m almost through the core set and stormtrooper armor and sith robes already feel a bit light. I’m sure one of the colors they sell is the same or really close (I’m betting a lot of the more standard colors they already had and just gave Star Wars names). I thought about reaching out directly to army painter to see if they could clarify. Maybe that would help?

Edited by Catcher51
Missed a few words
On 3/1/2020 at 4:09 PM, DFocke said:

I received the core, rebel and imperial paint sets as a gift. I am fine with the paints, and definitely using them. However I am getting low on a couple of the colors, and I don't want to have to buy the full sets again for just a couple of colors I use more often. I was wondering if anybody knew what the equivalent colors were from Army Painter. Specifically Endor Timber, Rebel Fatigues, Rebel Camouflage, Rodia Clouds, and Fleet Trooper Blue. Are there even any straight equivalents? Close will work in a pinch. I have looked on Army Painter's website, but maybe it is looking from my screen to the physical paints, but I wasn't sure which paints equate to which.

Thank you in advance.

If the colors you are running out of ar3 primarily base coats, you may want to conside4 Contrast paints to replace them. I’ve enjoyed using them on my droid army!