A/SF-01 B-wing - •Gina Moonsong - 52
•Gina Moonsong - Insubordinate Ace (50)
Jamming Beam (0)
Stabilized S-foils (Open) (2)

Total: 199/200

Discussed here:

Battle reports:

Disclaimers:

- First battle rep here, sorry if this in not up to par, didn't take any pics.

- I have very little opportunities to play other competent players; my experience is mainly from Fly Casual and some kitchen table games with some friends who are not really into the game.

Game 1:

Enemy list: Koshka with veteran tail gunner, freelance slicer, Marauder title and fearless, Skull Fang with fearless, Ahaav and NdruShuku whatever they are named.

I botched this game. Deployed poorly to begin with. After quickly melting the Headhunter and the Mining Tie, (albeit with heavy shield loses) I made serious mistakes with my dials and the game went south from there. By the time ran out, I had lost Ten and Braylen and gave half points from Gina and Arvel. Bad loss, period. Lessons learned and applied to second game though (so win? ;) )

Game 2:

Enemy list: fully tooled Rey (Finn, Rose, another crew, title and more tools), Lulo Lampar with Heroic, Cova Nell with Leia, R4 and heroic and something else. This game was against the most experienced X-Wing player around here and the only one I know plays competitively in tournaments and such.

I did much better here. I deployed better: Arvel near right corner, Ten at a distance, then Braylen and Gina near the centre. Opponent deployed opposite corner, Rey and Lulo side by side at 45° and Cova deployed sideways, clearly meaning to keep her distance.
Turn 1: I sped up Arvel and Ten towards the centre unopposed and advanced Braylen and Gina more carefully, meanwhile opponent moved Lulo and Rey diagonally towards the board centre, Cova trailed behind.
Turn 2: Arvel and Ten do hard 3 and 2 and advanced towards the middle, Braylen and Gina do 2 and 1 banks to line up shots. Rey and Lulo speed forward, reaching range 3 of Gina, Cova kept trailing behind. Couple of shots and shields exchanged, Lulo is left unshielded.
Turn 3: I darted Arvel towards where I expected Cova to land, boosting left to bump if she flew straight. Advanced Ten to middle of board to get shots at whatever came close. Then I got it right: I did 4 forward on both Braylen and Gina, overtaking Lulo and Rey and closing into Cova's expected position, specially Gina. Enemy revealed long (4 or 5) Koiogran Turns for both Lulo and Rey, looking to catch the Bwings from behind, but Lulo failed it, ending up bumping Rey, stressed and facing away from the battle; Rey ended up out of range of my ships. Then came Cova, which dodged Arvel with a hard 2, but ended up in a 3 double-tapping-named-B-wings-killbox. A ton of red dice later there was no Cova and no plot-armor thick enough to save Leia 😈 .
Turn 4: B wings maneuver to face the enemy far behind them. Arvel moves wide towards the board edge, banking in. Enemy has to give Lulo a long maneuver to clear stress and Rey's large base, ending up near board edge and still looking away from battle, barrel rolls to start reaproachement. Rey moves forward, shoots at Gina to no avail.
Turn 5: I moved Arvel 5 forward, trying to force a Bump from Rey and use his ability if it sped up to clear the B's. The Bwings line up and advanced carefully. Lulo begins long maneuver to get back in game. Rey pushes forward with another long Koiorgan turn, looking to flank my Bwings, and missing the Arvel bump by a hair. Rey opens fire at Arvel at R1, blasting his shields. Then both Gina and Arvel land good shots at R1 on Rey that was left unshielded.
Turn 6: Arvel did a Segnor loop forward, past Rey and parking in front of it and to its left. Ten and Braylen kept advancing cautiously to have good shots in case Leither Lulo or Rey lunged forward, then Gina banked in towards Rey, parking near it's front looking in. Then Rey moves forward, failing to complete due to Gina beign in the way and bumping her, also clipping an asteroid in the process and rolling a hit. Only Arvel has a clear shot ar R1 that further damages Rey.
With 20 min on the clock remaining, player conceded (family entanglements loomed nearby 😅 )I had only lost half points on Arvel and Gina and a few shields from Braylen, Ten finished full health. Cova was dead, Rey down to 3 or 2 hull and Lulo unshielded. First victory ever for me against a competent human player, the strongest one in my area 🏅 .
Lessons and takeaways:
- I should review my lost games with the same enthusiasm as my won games.
- Since all my B-wings are from the Rebel Aces Expansion pack, along with Arvel's Awing, the squadron looked awesome at the table with it's white and red colors. Double fun points for me for being thematically and movie-worthy.
- Gina is a really good piece and synergises awesomely with other named B-wings. Would love to get her autoblasters but have no where to get the points from.
- Even though Arvel failed to engage at R0 or use intimidation in both games, I feel he really brought a lot of value in how the enemy tried really hard to stay away from his bumping. This was mostly evident in game 2, but happened also at game 1.
- The games felt won and lost at the dials, not the list building, not at the dice. Big big kudos to the game developers for delivering on this 👏 👏 👏
Edited by LUZ_TAK
Spelling