Fanction sheet print error?

By SandroBlack, in StarCraft

Correct me if I am wrong, but i think i found print error on Overmind's faction sheet. Look at this photo: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/412218 . Overminds Guardians have Flying attack capability (and Kerrigans guardians have Ground attack capability).

SandroBlack said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but i think i found print error on Overmind's faction sheet. Look at this photo: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/412218 . Overminds Guardians have Flying attack capability (and Kerrigans guardians have Ground attack capability).

I can't correct you... Good eye. :) I looked at my BW fraction sheets and, yep, it's there. I'm sure both are suppose to be ground attacker, though, just like original game cards.

****, I see now that I have error in my FANCTION sheet too preocupado.gif . Excuse my english please (my time is 1:00 AM so I am practicaly sleeping and I am non-english speaker).

Great catch! I never actually look at those little pictures anymore because I know what capabilities each unit has after playing Starcraft many times. Unless there is an official answer that says otherwise, the Guardians should have only Ground Attack capability.

It's a printing error and there is no reason for every one to check if their sheet is correct. It isn't! My sheet has also this error as everyone elses. Then again I'm the one who took the picture... lengua.gif lengua.gif

I found another one.. dont know if its print error or on purpose... but Archons will have supporting value just +1 (and will be more expensive)! It is printed on both Aldaris and Tassadar Factions: http://www.starcraft-overmind.ic.cz/boardgame/bw_6.jpg

I had not noticed, good catch.

I wonder if it is an error.

Two (three) errors on faction sheets would be too much, so I hope that the second one is balance change.

They said something about rising the cost of Archons and making them not so powerful anymore, so I think that one's purpose.

Thats possible but this seems stupid.. decrease support value? unit that costs 4 gas and 2 orders.. if it is imba they would lower archonĀ“s cards values not this one

RESHETO said:

Thats possible but this seems stupid.. decrease support value? unit that costs 4 gas and 2 orders.. if it is imba they would lower archonĀ“s cards values not this one

Maybe it was the easier thing to do? lengua.gif

As for "Archons should not be nerfed", I distinctly remember "how to win in 3 easy steps" posts all over the old Starcraft forums, where people advertised the use of Archons. The thing about them is that they require very little tech, hit ground and air for a huge lot, and have splash damage. Overall, a very very powerful unit, that shouldn't be without drawbacks. If the drawback is them having only little support value, then so be it - it just means that if you have Archons, you have to commit to using them in the front line if you want to get any use out of them...

The Guardian should be ground attack only.

RESHETO said:

I found another one.. dont know if its print error or on purpose... but Archons will have supporting value just +1 (and will be more expensive)! It is printed on both Aldaris and Tassadar Factions: http://www.starcraft-overmind.ic.cz/boardgame/bw_6.jpg

This is not an error. :D

Hi everyone,

the new Scourge, has increased costs on the Zerg faction sheets (2 instead of 1 Gas). Is this a printing error?

I am dead sure that it is a change to balance the game.

I guess it's no typo, too.

Shadowsword said:

Hi everyone,

the new Scourge, has increased costs on the Zerg faction sheets (2 instead of 1 Gas). Is this a printing error?

This was an intentional change. It has to do with the balance of the unit with its new functionality.

I've noticed that there is a Scourge card with 9 Attack .
Last page of the Brood Wars manual has Max attack value for Scourges an 8.

I guess that the card is correct although Scourge seems a little too powerful with 9 Attack. In one of our sessions it destroyed a Battlecruiser! Any insight?

FragMaster said:

I guess that the card is correct although Scourge seems a little too powerful with 9 Attack. In one of our sessions it destroyed a Battlecruiser! Any insight?

I'd guess that that was part of the reason why it costs twice as much now, considering the reason for the increased cost was given as the changes in the unit's balance...

I just unpacked the expansion today by the way, and gee is it totally awesome!

Can you guys check out the victory condition for Queen of Blades on the faction sheet and then the victory condition that is written on the sheet with all factions victory condition? In my case on the faction sheet it says that you must own at least 3 zones with conquest point(s) and on the other sheet it says that you must own 4 of this zones. Does anyone has the same problem and does anyone know the right amount of this zones?

later edit: by the way I am reffering to the original board game faction sheets not the broodwar faction sheets.

That is a typo, the queen of blades needs to own at least 3 zones with conquest point(s. This was already answered on the old forum.

Ok, I registered on this forum like 2 days ago and had no ideea about an old one, sorry and thanks for the answer.