Multiple order tokens of the same type

By Coranhann, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Hello!

Can a ship use several command token of the same type in one order ?

i.e.

A SSD reveals a mechanic dial. It is treated as having spend a dial+a token. If the SSD has a mechanic token stocked, can it spend it at the same time for 8 mec points total ?

There are only three ways to resolve a command. You can spend a dial, spend a token, or spend a dial+token. Since these are the only ways to resolve a command, you cannot stack additional command tokens, even if something allows you to have more than one of the same type of token.

No. You can only use one token to resolve a particular command each activation (but you could use others for other purposes - for example, if you have a fleet command such as All Fighters Follow Me and two squadron tokens, you could use 1 token to power AFFM and then use 1 squadron token later by itself or with a squadron command dial to resolve a squadron command that is boosted by AFFM). You can, however, use all 4 separate tokens during an activation (if you had all 4).

Thank you both for your answers.

I was looking at a SSD using "Annihilator + Krennic" with a Dial + a token (for a total of +3 dices through Annihilator, and a bunch of reroll through Krennic). Doesn't work. Thanks again :)

5 hours ago, Coranhann said:

A SSD reveals a mechanic dial. It is treated as having spend a dial+a token.

Er, no, no it isn’t.

The huge ship rules state that when a huge ship reveals a dial, it GAINS a token of that type. It can choose to spend it with the dial, or it can bank the token and just spend a dial. You could even ignore the dial, and just spend the token. But this is, I think, the source of your confusion: you can’t get your 8 points in your example, because you’re already spending a dial (and the token you had banked). You can’t spend the same type of token twice.

Yep. You could still end up with several tokens of the same type and back to my original example through the Executor title (the one allowing to store several token of the same types), which was the first time I wondered about that rule...

... but it doesnt change the fact that it doesnt work. I like how the designers managed to create a beast like the SSD that breaks so many rules and still keep it from allowing the worst abuse.

(Except for some squadrons maybe!)

3 hours ago, Coranhann said:

Yep. You could still end up with several tokens of the same type and back to my original example through the Executor title (the one allowing to store several token of the same types), which was the first time I wondered about that rule...

... but it doesnt change the fact that it doesnt work. I like how the designers managed to create a beast like the SSD that breaks so many rules and still keep it from allowing the worst abuse.

(Except for some squadrons maybe!)

I still think it’s too flimsy. And it certainly didn’t need to have a ship built specifically to hunt it, as the Starhawk definitely is. Ah well.