FFG live large box speculations: what would you like to see?

By Turtlefan2082, in Arkham Horror

March 10 brings us the announcement of a large box expansion. It is safe to assume that we will be seeing some new districts for Arkham, and possibly other locations. We will be getting new cards, investigators, and new scenarios. So let's speculate. Who do you want to see in this expansion? Which elder gods do you want to investigate? Do we stay in Arkham, or do we leave for Dunwich? Me, I would die happy if we get a scenario surrounding Hastur and The King in Yellow

Dunwich seems like the most obvious, Arkham Horror 2e and Arkham Horror the Card Game had first expansion as Dunwich. Maybe 2 seperate Modules which are connected via the Train Station, or playing completly on Dunwich Tiles.

I would like a replacement to the mytho cup or new system that make combat useful outside of the mandatory kills.

Bigger and more varied gamespace.

A scenario with 6-7 tiles, where the doom "whack a mole" aspect is toned down and winning or losing may be achieved by multiple venues.

The bigger map, the more unbalanced game to smaller groups... but it is possible. But most likely They will stick on about same sized maps as we now have. It will keep the game time more or less the same as we have now!

hopefully we will see scenarios with smaller maps, maybe 3 map pieces for really short and tight games!

Not really a "big box" thing, but one thing I'd love to see is a couple of additional blank or positive mythos effects that can be optionally used to offset the over-scaling of difficulty with more players. Even just getting 2 additional blank mythos tokens with a rule to use 1 of them for 3-4 players and 2 of them for 5-6 players I think would have an immensely positive impact on the playability of the game.

It most likely would make game too easy, but options Are good! So it would not hurt the game. Last time we did play it was 5 players and it was blast! Super fun and very tight game. We did win, but not by much!

if you use coin capsules, it is easy to make extra blanks by yourself. They would definitely make game more related if you want have that! In any way it would be easy ”expansion feature” to Ffg to offer those.

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Typo

I would like to see Kingsport and/or Innsmouth.

Definitely going to watch on buying this until I can see what the headlines are. If it's the same overly punishing garbage, I will pass.

Also, I don't understand this artwork for the chef's knife at all. Why not have a picture of Zoey holding the blade instead of the Red Gloved man? Yeah, I know I am nitpicking but c'mon.

ahb05_a1_chefs-knife.png

Edited by OmegaDestroyer

Really excited for this.

Between the bigger board (up to 6 tiles per match according to livestream), bigger codex deck (up to 15 cards offering more branching and replayability), and the new Terror mechanic (which does something different than just adding doom), it seems the gameplay will get more varied and nuanced as I had hoped for. 🤗

Edited by Vinicius Lessa

Silas Marsh on the cover!

(a cover which reminds me of Aquaman btw)

But who is Stella Clark? 🤔

39 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

Stella is a totally new investigator. A mailwoman who delivers cards with her truck (which can carry other players as passengers). According to the livestream her ability has to do with manipulating the mythos bag.

Also, Ashcan Pete and Zoey Samaras. 😁

5 hours ago, cheapmate said:

Silas Marsh on the cover!

(a cover which reminds me of Aquaman btw)

I found this on Google.

Stella Clark

I don't know whether it's real or not though.

14 hours ago, Navycator said:

I found this on Google.

Stella Clark

I don't know whether it's real or not though.

It is. It's from the live stream.

With the announcement yesterday, they said we're getting 8 new investigators including "Ashcan" Pete, Silas Marsh, Zoey Samaras, and the new Stella Clark. That means we're getting 4 more of the missing 36 investigators for 3rd edition. Who are you wanting? Myself, only Daisy is of must-have-right-now importance.

1. Agatha Crane
  2. Akachi Onyele
  3. Amanda Sharpe
  4. Bob Jenkins
  5. Carolyn Fern
  6. Carson Sinclair
  7. Charlie Kane
  8. Daisy Walker
  9. Darrell Simmons
  10. Father Mateo
  11. Finn Edwards
  12. George Barnaby
  13. Gloria Goldberg
  14. Hank Samson
  15. Harvey Walters
  16. Jacqueline Fine
  17. Jim Culver
  18. Joe Diamond
  19. Leo Anderson
  20. Lily Chen
  21. Lola Hayes
  22. Luke Robinson
  23. Mandy Thompson
  24. Mark Harrigan
  25. Monterey Jack
  26. Patrice Hathaway
  27. Preston Fairmont
  28. Rita Young
  29. Sefina Rousseau
  30. Sister Mary
  31. Tony Morgan
  32. Trish Scarborough
  33. Ursula Downs
  34. Vincent Lee
  35. William Yorick
  36. Wilson Richards
1 hour ago, Duciris said:

With the announcement yesterday, they said we're getting 8 new investigators including "Ashcan" Pete, Silas Marsh, Zoey Samaras, and the new Stella Clark. That means we're getting 4 more of the missing 36 investigators for 3rd edition. Who are you wanting? Myself, only Daisy is of must-have-right-now importance.

Right now, my two first picks would be Trish and Jacqueline. I love my clue-grabbing ladies!

Uh... not guessing who they WILL be (probably 2 male, 2 female), but who I want would be:

1. Sefina (but she is an artist.. you can fit that in Kingsport easily)

2. Gloria

3. Patrice

4. Lola

I just find the women way more interesting in this game. If I had to pick 2 dudes, it would be Darrell and Carson

Edited by Soakman
20 hours ago, Soakman said:

Uh... not guessing who they WILL be (probably 2 male, 2 female), but who I want would be:

2. Gloria

3. Patrice

4. Lola

I just find the women way more interesting in this game. If I had to pick 2 dudes, it would be Darrell and Carson

We already have the Menfolk I care about. (and with 1 exception, the women too.)

I find the women who's in this game way more interesting.

VPN Sai Mannat AnyDesk

Edited by sneazzy95
On 3/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, Soakman said:

2. Gloria

3. Patrice

4. Lola

The back (from the pre-order page ) has Patrice & Father Mateo on it. Along with Silas, "Ashcan" Pete, Zoey, and Stella we're only missing 2 investigators. 3 of them are even on the cover art!

ahb05-image0500.png ahb05-image1500.png

Edited by Duciris

Nice! Happy to see Patrice making her way into the fold.

For those who look at this and were wondering about the final investigator list:

1. "Ashcan" Pete
  2. Carson Sinclair
  3. Charlie Kane
  4. Father Mateo
  5. Patrice Hathaway
  6. Silas Marsh
  7. Stella Clark
  8. Zoey Samaras