Manipulate Force Tree Missing “allow the power to make droids recover strain”

By Werlynn, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

The tree for Manipulate is missing a control upgrade. I don’t mean the system strain duplicate. Page 37, left column, bottom upgrade says (with weak editing) “Manipulate may be used cause droids, including PC droids, to recover strain.” There are references to it in the strength upgrade but no indication of where this upgrade belongs in the tree. It’s not mentioned in the errata.

2 hours ago, Werlynn said:

The tree for Manipulate is missing a control upgrade. I don’t mean the system strain duplicate. Page 37, left column, bottom upgrade says (with weak editing) “Manipulate may be used cause droids, including PC droids, to recover strain.” There are references to it in the strength upgrade but no indication of where this upgrade belongs in the tree. It’s not mentioned in the errata.

It is a mistake. If you listen to the order66 episode regarding this book they explain

22 hours ago, Daeglan said:

It is a mistake. If you listen to the order66 episode regarding this book they explain

Do you by any chance have a link, please?

(I'm not at all familiar with the Order 66 podcasts.)

search in your pocatcher app for the order 66 podcast. it will be there. the episode you want is the one on endless vigil

Why not update the errata again? Having to listen to a multi-hour podcast to get errata is asking a lot. For such long episodes it doesn't have timestamps in the episode description.

@Bellona It took me a while of reading every episode description going back over 3 years but it'd episode 88 "The Sourcebook The Galaxy Deserves" from 11/21/2016

Edited by Werlynn
32 minutes ago, Werlynn said:

Why not update the errata again? Having to listen to a multi-hour podcast to get errata is asking a lot. For such long episodes it doesn't have timestamps in the episode description.

@Bellona It took me a while of reading every episode description going back over 3 years but it'd episode 88 "The Sourcebook The Galaxy Deserves" from 11/21/2016

who is going to do that update? they dont really have an RPG department...

@Daeglan that episode is over 3 years old. Anyone in their employment in the last 3 years.

Distributing errata via 2 hour 3rd party podcast is on par with spirits in ponds distributing weaponry as a system of government.

1 hour ago, Werlynn said:

@Daeglan that episode is over 3 years old. Anyone in their employment in the last 3 years.

Distributing errata via 2 hour 3rd party podcast is on par with spirits in ponds distributing weaponry as a system of government.

Sure. But given the fact that we used to not get any errata at all at least we have it and people can point you to where it is. And future printings often have corrections in them. They also have an errata PDF that they update every so often. It might be in there I don't know.

7 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Sure. But given the fact that we used to not get any errata at all at least we have it and people can point you to where it is. And future printings often have corrections in them. They also have an errata PDF that they update every so often. It might be in there I don't know.

I asked why not update the errata because it’s not there.

6 minutes ago, Werlynn said:

I asked why not update the errata because it’s not there.

Ask them. not me. I just provided you with what you needed. It isnt convenient. but at least it is available.

The books are very expensive.

At the very least FFG could show their costumers the respect by fixing the errors in erratas

the last errata is from 2017.

It is not very professional.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:20 PM, 09/20/Thanos said:

At the very least FFG could show their costumers the respect by fixing the errors in erratas

Well, maybe they should all be fired over it... Oh, well, never mind then. 😈

On 3/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, 09/20/Thanos said:

So you expect them to do something that will net no profit. Your expectation is not reasonable. They do what they can. But it is a lower priority. Mostly they put error corrections in future printings

On 3/8/2020 at 6:30 AM, Daeglan said:

So you expect them to do something that will net no profit. Your expectation is not reasonable. They do what they can. But it is a lower priority. Mostly they put error corrections in future printings

When a business sells a faulty product, it's entirely fair to expect corrections from them.

2 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

When a business sells a faulty product, it's entirely fair to expect corrections from them.

They do not make any money from Updating the FAQ. So it is a low priority.. it is a nice to have.

44 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

They do not make any money from Updating the FAQ. So it is a low priority.. it is a nice to have.

I'm not talking priorities, I'm talking about whether it's a reasonable expectation.

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

That is the sort of thing that makes people more happy about their purchases, leads to increased customer loyaly, and therefore money. Plus, I can't imagine it's that big of an effort or investment.

Edited by micheldebruyn
36 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

That is the sort of thing that makes people more happy about their purchases, leads to increased customer loyaly, and therefore money. Plus, I can't imagine it's that big of an effort or investment.

depends on how many people are in their RPG department and how many different lines they have. And how busy they are. I wouldn't make assumptions. Also they do answer questions via their customer service email and there is a thread where people share the answers. And they answer questions on the order 66 podcast when books come out... sooooo it is not like they are not providing the info. even if their FAQ isnt getting updated that often....

Edited by Daeglan
4 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

It can very much depend on the terms of a licensed property.

Lucasfilm post-TPM has been known to be rather exacting in the past with RPGs, with WotC having submit any errata changes for review, a factor that slowed down the errata process on more than one occasion. WEG never had to worry about that because at the time Lucasfilm really didn't care apart from getting their royalty check. I've heard a few horror stories regarding Games Workshop, and several about various anime license holders, where something as simple as fixing a handful of typos required the publisher to effectively submit the entire thing as a new product and go through the whole approvals process from scratch, with the process taking well over a year; the long delay in approvals is what ultimately killed R.Talsorian's ill-fated Dragon Ball Z RPG (in spite of the first book reading more like an ill-conceived rough draft than any sort of polished project, and only really started becoming reasonably playable by the third and final book).

Heck, even BioWare (under EA's ownership) became onerous for Green Ronin to work with due to increasingly lengthy delays in responses from BioWare's end, a stark contrast to what was initially a pretty good working relationship when GR first launched their Dragon Age RPG.

With FFG, it just seems that publishing errata has always been a low priority thing for them. But then, for the most part FFG is a boardgame/minis company, with the RPG division being fairly tiny prior to them getting the license for WFRP and Star Wars, and has now shrunk to nothing.