New Star Wars Movies

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Disney Release Schedule

Disney release calendar, new Star Wars movies are still scheduled for 2022, 2024 and 2026.

I'm guessing a trilogy? Do we have to keep doing those?

Surely we'd be hearing more about it this year if they're releasing one in 2022? Or is it usually only one year before that we've heard news? Of course, who knows if they might change the way they do things a bit going forward.

I'm certainly curious to know if the High Republic stuff will build towards a film but I'd almost rather it be something separate.

Also still surprised to see New Mutants is still on the slate. I know it got moved a lot and at one point it was pretty certain it would be scrapped. I guess they expect it to work well enough as a standalone.

Also, an Indiana Jones movie next year?

I'm assuming this new trilogy will be completely separate to the Skywalker saga, as that is what they have been hinting at for a while. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in but without details its a bit hard to get excited about it right now. I think the fact it is coming 3 years after the latest film is a good thing, it needs a break at the moment. Currently I'm more interested in what the Avatar series will deliver, although its still nearly a two year wait until we get Avatar 2. ๐Ÿ™

Also looking forwards to 'UNITITLED MARVEL', I'm sure its going to be great.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:49 AM, Jo Jo said:

I'm guessing a trilogy? Do we have to keep doing those?

Well, remaking a Live-Action redo of the original Star Wars isn't an option, so. . .

Edited by Darth Meanie
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Well, remaking a Live-Action redo of the original Star Wars isn't an option, so. . .

Standalone films.

55 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Standalone films.

Right. Good point. Why didn't I think of that?

I suppose there aren't enough animals in Star Wars to digitally anthropomorphize, anyway. ๐Ÿ™„

Edited by Darth Meanie
On 3/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, Odanan said:

Standalone films.

Meh. Iโ€™d rather have long series. Thereโ€™s a reason Iโ€™ve read dozens of Star Wars books but not the one-offs of every Star Wars author Iโ€™ve enjoyed.

Give me a long, complex story any day over a quick shot.

17 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Give me a long, complex story any day over a quick shot.

Hmm... are we still talking about Star Wars?

OK, I get it - there were deeper storylines in the old EU books, but that's not something you see in the Star Wars films and series (maybe only in the Clone Wars show).

On 3/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, Odanan said:

Standalone films.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to Avenger-ize it somehow.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:08 AM, Darth Meanie said:

...why not?

I mean, Vader, Chewie, C3-P0 and R2-D2 are all timeless characters - they just need someone in costume. I imagine Disney have Anthony Daniels and Hanes Earl Jones locked in a fault somewhere, doing nothing but recording dialogue.

And we've already re-cast Obi-Wan, Han Solo and Lando.

So, find a new Luke and a new Leia and we're good to go.

On โ€Ž3โ€Ž/โ€Ž13โ€Ž/โ€Ž2020 at 6:47 PM, FTS Gecko said:

...why not?

Mostly because the original SW was not animated. . .it was already live action. . . . .

8 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Mostly because the original SW was not animated. . .it was already live action. . . . .

Regardless, you know they're going to remake the OT. It will happen.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:47 PM, FTS Gecko said:

...why not?

I mean, Vader, Chewie, C3-P0 and R2-D2 are all timeless characters - they just need someone in costume. I imagine Disney have Anthony Daniels and Hanes Earl Jones locked in a fault somewhere, doing nothing but recording dialogue.

And we've already re-cast Obi-Wan, Han Solo and Lando.

So, find a new Luke and a new Leia and we're good to go.

The movies are fine. I would prefer to see new stories.