Haste

By cubivore, in Anima: Tactics

I've been starting to gather the collection and I can't wait to play my first game. One question arises, however...

Haste - it seems to cost 2 APs to activate any ability that results in the Haste State. Now, if it costs 2AP this turn and I only get one additional AP per turn until the level expires, wouldn't I need to expect a net return of 3 APs to make it worth-while?

In other words, I could just not use the ability, keep the 2AP, and enjoy their benefit the next turn(s) anyway. As it is, lvl1 Haste seems to be a net loss.

Am I missing something? Please advise.

ah neokinese... Dereck Shezzard is the only one who get only Level 1 Haste from his Neokienese...

and no you don't need to get 3 AP out of it that it's beewing worth...

Let's see Celia her neokinese gives you Level 2 Haste... so she will regenerate 2 rounds one AP more than normal thats quite ok... You pay 2 markers when you don't need them, to get a higher action regeneration for the next rounds, when you could need them... it's a very tactical boon.

Derecke has his Neokienese out of an other reason which wil get released with the Saga 2 rules to his full power.

Because in the rule book there will be the possibility to use Haste counters to pay Upkeep abilities.

So if Dereck has 5 AP and pays his upkeep for Dragon Seal with one of them and pays Neokinese with two more and finishs his round. He will regenerate 3 AP in the next round and pay his Upkeep with the haste counter.

So you get a Dereck who has his Dragon seal activ AND can use 5 action markers for Neo Genesis.