Line of Sight

By CinnaWolf, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Say my front arc wanted to shoot at someone else's front arc, but there was a ship (not obstacle, not squadron, but SHIP) in the way of LoS. By that I mean, the LoS is traced across the hull zone lines on the ship who is in between.

44 minutes ago, CinnaWolf said:

Say my front arc wanted to shoot at someone else's front arc, but there was a ship (not obstacle, not squadron, but SHIP) in the way of LoS. By that I mean, the LoS is traced across the hull zone lines on the ship who is in between.

From the RRG, page 7, under Line of Sight:

Fifth Bullet Point:

If line of sight is traced through an obstacle token or through a ship that is not the attacker or defender, the attack is obstructed.

So tracing Line of Sight over a ship not involved in the attack obstructs. However, tracing Line of Sight through a squadron will not.

Fourth Bullet Point:

If the line of sight is traced through a hull zone on the defender that is not the defending zone, the attacker does not have line of sight and must choose another target.

This specifies that only the defender's hull zones matter in terms of preventing an attack.

I hope that helps answer the question!

1 hour ago, Astrodar said:

From the RRG, page 7, under Line of Sight:

Fifth Bullet Point:

So tracing Line of Sight over a ship not involved in the attack obstructs. However, tracing Line of Sight through a squadron will not.

Fourth Bullet Point:

This specifies that only the defender's hull zones matter in terms of preventing an attack.

I hope that helps answer the question!

thanks mate! it does!