[SPOILERS] Possible bug in Amber Crown - Old Forest

By flope, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hi,

We played the 2nd chapter "Old Forest" from Amber Crown yesterday, and we encountered a weird situation. We were trapped without being able to move.

Spoilers ahead...

In this chapter, the map changes pretty much every time the thread crosses a threshold in the shadow phase, removing a tile and adding another one. So, it may create islands of tiles and you can get momentarily "trapped" on those.

You can interact with 3 Trees (thread tokens), one for each "Island section" to convert them to search tokens. Once they are search tokens, you can interact again with them to control the tiles that appear and disappear. Only the tree in the isolated island, whatever that island is at that moment, is active though; meaning that the app allows you to request a tile change; if not, it just says to move along. For that situation you would get the following option in the dialogue: "Ask the Tree to shift the forest path". I think this is how it works.

So, we had 2 trees converted to search tokens and one was still a thread token (the one closest to the start). You need all 3 converted to search tokens to finish the mission. We just crossed the last thread threshold (66), so no more tiles changes during the shadow phase and we are trapped in an island without being able to access the last thread token. So, we interacted with the tree on our island (for the first time as a search token in the game). The app indicates that we can interact with the tree ("Ask the Tree to shift the forest path") but when pushing the button did nothing. So, we were trapped for the rest of the scenario without able to do anything else.

As a summary, each "island" has a tree. Initially each tree is a thread token. After interacting with them successfully (singing or other ways), they become search tokens. I think the intention was to allow players to be able to interact with these search tokens and allow them to control the paths (adding and removing tiles) but this tree, even though the dialogue seems to indicate you can, would do nothing.

Is that a bug?

I run through the chapter 1 and 2 again and I encountered the same problem. One of the 3 trees would do nothing even though the dialogue seems to indicate otherwise (at least in our situation in which the closest tree from the start is still a threat token).

EDIT: Adding images.

This is the dialogue when the search-token tree cannot do anything

This is the dialogue you get when the search-token tree can help you to move tiles .

Trees will change between this two states depending on the tiles on the board. However, as I mentioned in my post, for one of the trees, when this option is available "Ask the Tree to shift the forest path" and you press it, it does nothing.

Thanks

Edited by flope

Necro - but probably worth adding my experience, as this is the only place I can find the bug mentioned on the internet.

I had the exact experience just now and by just replacing the relevant tile gameplay continued absolutely fine.