[Ruling] Conflict resolution timing

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

How does the timing on constant abilities vs delayed effects vs keywords vs forced reactions work?

For example, suppose you attack politically with Yogo Hiroue, I defend with Loyal Challenger (who has Magnificent Kimono and Unmatched Expertise attached) and then pass. You use Hiroue's ability to move my Bayushi Liar into the conflict. I pass. You play Bayushi Kachiko from hand, and then we both pass in succession. At 3.2.3, you win the conflict (10 to 8), and at this point, there is a constant ability (Loyal Challenger), a delayed effect (Yogo Hiroue), a keyword (Pride from Magnificent Kimono) and a forced reaction (Unmatched Expertise). Do these 4 effects always resolve in the same order, or are one or more of them simultaneous (and so the order of those effects is determined by the first player)?

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

How does the timing on constant abilities vs delayed effects vs keywords vs forced reactions work?

For example, suppose you attack politically with Yogo Hiroue, I defend with Loyal Challenger (who has Magnificent Kimono and Unmatched Expertise attached) and then pass. You use Hiroue's ability to move my Bayushi Liar into the conflict. I pass. You play Bayushi Kachiko from hand, and then we both pass in succession. At 3.2.3, you win the conflict (10 to 8), and at this point, there is a constant ability (Loyal Challenger), a delayed effect (Yogo Hiroue), a keyword (Pride from Magnificent Kimono) and a forced reaction (Unmatched Expertise). Do these 4 effects always resolve in the same order, or are one or more of them simultaneous (and so the order of those effects is determined by the first player)?

Based on my previous ruling that keywords resolve simultaneously upon the triggering condition occurring, all of the constants should resolve simultaneously (with the first player ordering them in the case of abilities that cannot be applied simultaneously). This means the Loyal Challenger, Hiroue, and Pride should all resolve simultaneously. (This overwrites Nate French’s previous “if comes before after” ruling. Here )