Is Imperial Assault Dead?

By Payens, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Hello Everyone,

I have not been to the forums for a long time but is Imperial Assault dead? I was talking to a friend and he told me that he heard that FFG is not planning on releasing any more IA packs. They are focusing on Legion, and the Lord of the rings game etc.

Imperial Assault is a complete game.

There won't be new (physical) content unless something changes. Apparently at least one retailer has been given information that Imperial Assault reprints will be scheduled. But.. "quotation needed".

Imperial Assault is alive.

Look around the forums, you can easily find the threads....

Edited by a1bert

okay so no new campaigns etc released but we have all the content that we have to play with if I am understanding you correctly.

There are 133 campaign missions (if I counted correctly), a lot of skirmish missions, and three app campaigns.

There are also at least 3 user-created campaigns.

The game is not going away soon even if there are no new copies produced.

Imperial assault is a mainstay of our group.. We are on the coruscant campaign.

We play like once a month and do a mission or two..

They need to have a Rogue one expansion!! i mean come on! or Force awakens expansion..

16 hours ago, a1bert said:

There are 133 campaign missions (if I counted correctly), a lot of skirmish missions, and three app campaigns.

Can you please share a link for the 3 user-cr eated campaigns.?

3 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

Can you please share a link for the 3 user-cr eated campaigns.?

Image result for no one's ever really gone

But yeah, it's pretty much dead as far as FFG is concerned.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:35 PM, a1bert said:

And one of the user-created campaigns put into action the cis army. It will be time now to play it as we have great minis from ffg (I did not want to use paper minis the first time I downloaded this campaign)

I like to think that Imperial Assault has 'stepped out of the room'.

The powers that be can bring it back whenever they like. It's a game, it has a following, and as a system it is very robust.

It's up to the community to determine how dead the game is.

Of all the FFG Star Wars miniature products, IA is my favourite.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:59 PM, TheEldarGuy said:

Imperial Assault has 'stepped out of the room'.

I doubt it will step back in, but one can hope. For now I still have a lot of campaign stuff to do and the IACP keeps skirmish fresh.

A HotE app campaign would have been nice...

Also it would be cool to have a set way to calculate threat and rewards so you could just put a jumble of side missions into one haphazard campaign (including some of the missions from campaigns you never got too...). Maybe someone already worked out something like that.

Anyway, the game is not dead. It's in some kind of carbonite freeze and it may never wake up... but who knows.

Define dead.

IA is on hold for FFG and Asmode.

Play-wise there is tons of campaign content.

IA continuity project is fully active an IA skirmish lives on. New characters released include Yoda, 4LOM, Zuckuss, and scout troopers. Even the figures are there.

6 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Also it would be cool to have a set way to calculate threat and rewards so you could just put a jumble of side missions into one haphazard campaign (including some of the missions from campaigns you never got too...). Maybe someone already worked out something like that.

Interesting idea, I'd like to go back and do most of the unplayed missions eventually. I wonder if you could use an existing campaign structure to dictate threat and rewards, but just plug in whichever missions and come up with your own story. I'm sure it's been tried.

Actually, that sounds like a good and easy idea. Would you use the full core campaign or something else? I guess you could do whichever and just give the rewards and threat levels like the campaign you plugged them into. Sounds easy.

I've also always wished the characters could progress even more than one campaign. I guess they'd all be too strong after a couple campaigns. I suppose if they maxed out you could still use them but give other rewards (more money or even spending 4xp on increasing a stat like health, or 6xp to increase a stat like speed or change the dice for the three types of interact rolls).

19 hours ago, ArtemisKnab said:

Interesting idea, I'd like to go back and do most of the unplayed missions eventually. I wonder if you could use an existing campaign structure to dictate threat and rewards, but just plug in whichever missions and come up with your own story. I'm sure it's been tried.

Yes, I did something quite similar (but a bit more adventurous) recently, and will be doing just this for all future campaigns our gaming group plays going forwards. We've played every campaign once, but that's covered less than half the available missions...

It just needs the Imperial player to be a bit creative on the spot, weaving the mission objectives into a fresh storyline.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, a1bert said:

Imperial Assault is a complete game.

Finished , clearly. Complete ... not while there's no Yoda, Scout Troopers, Ewoks, 4-LOM, or Zuckuss, it isn't.

I believe the Complete game quote is from Navaro... but he is no longer with the company? So who knows!

Rebellions are built on hope after all..

Well, Andrew also said reprints "are not up to me", and allegedly FFG has indicated to one retailer that Imperial Assault is in normal reprint schedule. If that's true, then things are not that grim.

It's as dead as Monopoly, or Sorry, or Chess.

If/when they unload Asmodee/FFG, maybe the new owners will decide they want to pump enough money into the company to make a new expansion or two. That is unlikely to happen though, so consider it a complete game. On the bright side, there is hope to eventually paint all the IA figures.

Eh, I think it's pretty clear "complete" is just corporate jargon intended to try to appease fans who are upset that the game is no longer receiving content. Not that we're by any means owed more, but as @Bitterman said, there's so much more that could be added.

My game group still plays it, so it most certainly is not dead! I have plenty of figures still to paint. I have played all of the campaigns at least once, but I know I have plenty of missions that I haven’t played, still a good handful of Imperial class decks that haven’t been played, and there are a few Heroes I haven’t played as.

Sure, we Sadly aren’t getting more product, but for my game group and I, there is still a lot more for us to get out of the game.

No :D

2 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

No :D

Haha 👍