Locations in Wrath and Ruin

By Alonewolf87, in Rules questions & answers

How does the victory display interact with locations and the quest cards in Wrath and Ruin? If I have a location (let's say Seedy Tavern) which when explored should go to the victory display does it do so or do we take control of it instead?

Right now I can see this going both ways but it can be quite important for fulfilling the quest conditions.

Edited by Alonewolf87

I was not sure about this myself. The quest card effect is essentially a replacement effect (even if not worded as one). The Victory keyword itself represents a replacement effect:

When an enemy or location with the victory keyword is defeated or explored, it is placed in the victory display instead of the encounter discard pile.

30 minutes ago, sappidus said:

I was not sure about this myself. The quest card effect is essentially a replacement effect (even if not worded as one). The Victory keyword itself represents a replacement effect:

I am more leaning towards the side of "this is a specific effect of the quest and supersedes the general effect of the victory display". Anyone else has any insight?

Edited by Alonewolf87
On 2/16/2020 at 1:03 PM, sappidus said:

Got an answer from Caleb:

The quest effect will force you to take control of Seedy Tavern instead of placing it in the victory display.

Cheers,

Caleb