Rally of Doom!

By Franky, in Doom

Since my BGG Secret Santa gave me RoboRally this year, this old variant I thought of a good while ago popped into my head again, so I’ve gone back and resurrected this idea.

This variant combines Doom deathmatch with RoboRally. You must have access to both games to play this variant.

Setup
Build the level using any RoboRally boards that you wish. You should choose boards that have at least 3 or 4 more double wrench spaces than players. The respawn points are placed on any of the double wrench spaces. The remaining double wrench spaces get one random weapon token placed on it. All single wrench spaces get one random ammo token placed on it.

Gameplay
The gameplay flows like this. All players take their action, beginning with the starting player. When all players have taken their actions, the board features activate. Then the turn is over, and play starts again with the starting player.
All fist attacks are considered to have the Knockback ability.

Board features
Single wrench spaces – These are ammo respawn points. At the end of every turn, if this space is empty (there is neither a token nor a marine on it) a random ammo token is placed on it.

Double wrench spaces – These are weapon respawn points. At the end of every turn, if this space is empty (there is neither a token nor a marine on it) a random weapon token is placed on it.

Gears – These disorients any marines stepping on them. If a marine steps on or begins his turn on a gear, he loses 1 movement point.

Conveyor belts – These move marines one step (two, if the belt is blue) in the direction the arrow indicates after each step that end with the marine standing on the belt. It also moves any marines standing on it one step (or two) at the end of the turn.

Pushers – These move marines one step in the direction indicated. They can activate after each step that end with a marine standing in front of it, or at the end of the turn. To see if it activates, roll a D5 (or a D10 and halve the result, rounded up). If the number rolled corresponds with a number printed on the pusher, it activates.

Crushers – These deal 5 damage that ignores armor to any marine standing on its space when it activates. They can activate after each step that end with a marine standing under it, or at the end of the turn. To see if it activates, roll a D5 (or a D10 and halve the result, rounded up). If the number rolled corresponds with a number printed on the crusher, it activates.

Lasers – After each step that ends with a marine standing in the beam, it deals 4 damage per beam to that marine. It also activates at the end of each turn.

Pits – If a marine ever steps on a pit space, he immediately dies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it so far. Comments and ideas are more than welcome. I should point out that I haven't playtested this variant myself yet.

Sounds interesting happy.gif - if only I'd have RoboRally llorando.gif

This sounds like a lot of fun, but can you explain what you mean with "step"? Do you mean the time when a marine moves a single space, or when he attacks, or takes other actions that cost at least one movement point?

I have both games and this sounds like fun. I might have to give it a go.