Does a hero take turn after being knocked out

By Ubiytsa_koroley_666, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello everybody, we’ve been playing descent for a while and faced up a question(we could not find the answer anywhere):

the situation itself: at the start of the first round in LoR finale quest(Endless night) with Raythen, ally gets turn first(before the heroes) and makes move action to the closest search token and investigate action(which re-addresses search action to the closest hero). I, as OL, played Uthuk demon trap and that hero failed the attribute test and so have been defeated(knocked out). After this raythen finished his turn and all other(3) heroes made their turns and last hero revived the knocked out hero.

So, our question is: can this defeated-ressurected hero perform a turn the same round as he haven’t started one or cannot because when a hero is defeated, as it is written in the community errata his turn immediately ends and he cannot perform more actions?

this could happen not only with the uthak trap, but with e.g. explosive runes as well

The arguing was caused because we haven’t found anything in the errata, rules etc.

As I see this: in the rules and errata when a hero is defeated he becomes knocked out and immediately ends his turn which refers us the last part of a hero turn in the rule book where the hero flips his card over as an indicator that he made his turn and cannot make more turns in the same round and this is “unflipped” only after the whole round after the overlord turn. That starts a new round of game

the position of my heroes: if the hero turn have not been started then it cannot be ended

so on general: can a turn of a hero be ended before even started?

Edited by Ubiytsa_koroley_666

In short a hero turn can only be ended if it was on his turn, anything else only knocks him out but doesn't ends a turn.
Quote from rule book page 15

If a hero is defeated at any point during his own turn , that hero's turn immediately ends.

So on your example once Raythen ends his turn 4 heroes are yet to play .. the only thing is that one of them is knocked out.

EDIT: as a side note .. have a look here CRRG a lot of questions are answered inside

Edited by Felin