In a hole in the ground the lived a Hobbit - 2-player Hobbit decks with The One ring

By OlorinCZ, in Strategy and deck-building

2-player Hobbit decks with The One ring

1x Sam Gamgee (The Black Riders) 1x Frodo Baggins (A Shadow in the East) 1x Folco Boffin (The Dungeons of Cirith Gurat)

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/thelordoftherings/the-lord-of-the-rings-decks/_/lord-of-the-rings-submitted-decks/in-a-hole-in-the-ground-hobbits-12-the-one-ring-r669

1x Merry (The Black Riders) 1x Tom Cotton (The Mountain of Fire) 1x Fatty Bolger (The Black Riders)

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/thelordoftherings/the-lord-of-the-rings-decks/_/lord-of-the-rings-submitted-decks/there-lived-a-hobbit-hobbits-22-r670

“My dear Frodo!’ exclaimed Gandalf. ‘Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.”

Le/Lo decks starts with The One Ring. In Setup go for Power of Command. Thats why there are mostly Unique allies and even Ioreth can quest and she is free. The deck starts in secrecy - mulligan for Resourcefull. There are effectivelly 50 cards (Ring and PoC - you pull them in setup; 3* drinking song (just "another mulligan)). One ring of course for Frodo. Most times you will use Frodos ability on Merry. You will not find sneaky Gandalf in any other of my decks - but for Hobbits it is thematic fit ;).

Ta/Sp: Tom is primary deffender and defensive attachements go primarily on him. (with cloak and Rosie he can deffned fo 7). Fatty is secondary deffender. Friends of friends usually go on Merry (who is readied by Frodo) and Tom. This deck does not start in secrecy, but has many events to drop bellow 20 (and draw cards with pipes). Curious Brandybuck is cheeky fellow - enters for free while you travel, attack for 2 (because of Tom) and quest and disappears next round. Pippin can in first round quest fo 2 and attack for 4 (for 2 resource - talk about efficiency).

Pippin: "There must be someone with intelligence in the party."