Facebook event here .

To preregister, use EventBrite .
========================== ==
Address: 7200 164th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Date: 22 February 2020
Time: 10am (doors), 11am (dice)
Preregistration: https://tinyurl.com/ yx66p7dk
========================== ==

Uncle's Games Redmond, WA, is hosting this event at the Archer Hotel, across the parking lot from the hotel. Doors open at 10am; dice roll at 11. Format is three 2hr 15min rounds, with 15 minutes between rounds to wrap up stragglers and move to new tables. Schedule:

10:00-11:00 - Doors/Registration
11:00-1:15 - Round 1
1:30-3:45 - Round 2
4:00-6:15 - Round 3
6:30 - Wrap-up and Prize announcements

If we exceed 28 players, we will instead go to a 4-round/cut to top 2 format in accordance with the Armada Tourney Regs.

Preregistration is strongly recommended to secure your place.

Edited by Ardaedhel
Updated location

I’m really sorry to be “that guy,” but I’m planning on going to this (my first non-Vassal Armada tournament!) and haven’t been able to scare up a Light Cruiser expansion anywhere. Is there anyone else going who could loan me a copy of Minister Tua for the duration?

On 2/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, Cael said:

I’m really sorry to be “that guy,” but I’m planning on going to this (my first non-Vassal Armada tournament!) and haven’t been able to scare up a Light Cruiser expansion anywhere. Is there anyone else going who could loan me a copy of Minister Tua for the duration?

I would be happy to. Let me know if you need anything else.

Edited by The Jabbawookie
1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I would be happy to. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you so much! Everything else I was able to get my hands on, I really appreciate it :)

Heads up for anyone on the fence about signing up: the deadline for $25 early registration ends tomorrow, after which registration pricing goes up to $30. If you know you're coming, get registered by the end of the day tomorrow!

Also, Uncle's is offering a $5 store credit for anyone who brings a pair of mats. Save money! Bring mats!

Quick bump to make sure everyone sees: The location for this weekend's Prime tournament is NOT at the actual store, Uncle's Redmond: they've rented a space across the parking lot.

Archer Hotel - Redmond Town Center
7200 164th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052

Secondly, interim FAQ that I'll be using for the event. Please feel free to ping me if you have a question that's not answered here and I'll get you an answer as quickly as I can.

1) Can the SSD deploy overlapping obstacles in Surprise Attack?

The SSD must deploy overlapping the station as normal (assuming it is the flagship). It may deploy overlapping other obstacles *only* if you have no other choice.

2) What are the rules for deploying the SSD in Fleet Ambush?

SSD can not deploy on obstacles. Don't conspire with your opponent to make it impossible for you to deploy.

The Fleet Ambush rules override the SSD's requirements to deploy touching the player's board edge IF the SSD is being deployed in the Ambush Zone.

The Fleet Ambush rules also override the SSD's ability to deploy partially outside the deployment area (again, IF the SSD is being deployed in the Ambush Zone), as FA explicitly requires that ships be placed WITHIN the Ambush Zone.

3) Hyperspace Migration: can the same ship score it on every round 2-6 (that is, are the last two sentences mutually exclusive, or can you do both, one after the other, on the same round)?

At the end of round you can only resolve one of the end of round effects, not both.

4) Heavy Fire Zone: does this extend the maximum attack range of your anti-squadron armament when used?

Yes, this card allows you to treat your blue anti-squadron armament as reds for purposes of satisfying RRG "ATTACK" Step 1 Bullet 1 and Step 2 Bullet 3.

5) In Asteroid Tactics, can I use one exogorth as the basis for placing the other for the End of Round effect (can you chain them?)

No.

Thanks for organizing this event, I had a great time!

I had an absolute blast at this event... Sad though, that it's going to be awhile before another Armada event here in WA state...