Onager Dictor

By EbonHawk, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: General Romodi or Motti

Assault Objective: Blockade Run
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

Onager-class Star Destroyer (110 points)
- Cataclysm ( 5 points)
- Captain Needa ( 2 points)
- Veteran Gunners ( 5 points)
- Sensor Team ( 5 points)
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits ( 7 points)
- Superheavy Composite Beam Turbolasers ( 7 points)
= 141 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
- General Romodi ( 20 points)
- Interdictor ( 3 points)
- Reeva Demesne ( 4 points)
- Engineering Team ( 5 points)
- Proximity Mines ( 4 points)
- Grav Shift Reroute ( 2 points)
- G7-X Grav Well Projector ( 2 points)
= 130 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
- Hondo Ohnaka ( 2 points)
- Repair Crews ( 4 points)
= 29 total ship cost

- Suppressor ( 4 points)
- Emperor Palpatine (off) ( 3 points)
- Expanded Hangar Bay ( 5 points)
- Slicer Tools ( 7 points)
= 42 total ship cost

1 Ciena Ree ( 17 points)
1 Valen Rudor ( 13 points)
1 Tel Trevura ( 17 points)
= 47 total squadron cost

Rebel player so don't often write many of these, any ideas on list or how you would fly it would be appreciated.

@The Jabbawookie Vassal is now working, so just making lists now.. game soon ;)

Good , Ebon, good ... kill him. Kill him now.

I'd ditch EHB. You can bank a token early for a key activation, but any one of Tel/Valen/Ciena will probably be alive and kicking for the squadron phase, or one or more will be dead after the first strike and the upgrade unnecessary.

Veteran Gunners can get you into trouble, but there aren't a lot of good alternatives. Officer Vader, at least?

And lastly that Interdictor is going to draw a lot of fire. Reeva's all well and good if you get to use her, but she paradoxically means you don't get Tua/ECM. I'd think about that or Brunson as more durable options, maybe Targeting Scrambler.

Tons of objective options for Grav Shift Reroute without needing to settle for Corona. Salvage Run looks great for obstruction (just watch out for the dust!), but Doomed Station looks made for this list. Likewise you could run Surprise Attack with G-7 to force the flagship to go speed 0, with proximity mines obstructed by the station, getting shot by an Onager round 1.

Good luck!

Edited by The Jabbawookie
5 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I'd ditch EHB. You can bank a token early for a key activation, but any one of Tel/Valen/Ciena will probably be alive and kicking for the squadron phase, or one or more will be dead after the first strike and the upgrade unnecessary.

Good call

And lastly that Interdictor is going to draw a lot of fire. Reeva's all well and good if you get to use her, but she paradoxically means you don't get Tua/ECM. I'd think about that or Brunson as more durable options, maybe Targeting Scrambler.

Yeah she seemed good on paper, but Tua does seem like the best call, or Brunson as you say.

Don't think I've read too much of doomed station but I'll check that out!

Surprise Attack with G-7 to force the flagship to go speed 0, with proximity mines obstructed by the station, getting shot by an Onager round 1.

Now that just sounds straight up filthy. Yes please haha

The G-7 did get nerfed a little bit in the last faq:

Basically the speed 0 deployment is only in effect whist the interdictor is deployed.

In short surprise attack just got a little less filthy - because they'll be first player in that scenario & their flagship will always deploy before your 'dictor it's not going to get stuck at speed 0 anymore.

Surprise attack is still good, just not outright broken anymore. As for G-7's? Honestly I've not really used them since the faq so I'm not sure on the wider implications. They're probably still good though

I've been thinking though that admiral Titus probably wants to be in here. Basically means your opponent has to deploy at speed 2 or higher.

If they don't then you can potentially drop them to 0 with Titus before you take your opening shot (as long as you're first player)

Also makes surprise attack better since they're already constrained on deployment speed & you can hand out raid tokens for their navigation for 3 turns... any ship that can't do speed 3 you can basically immobilise for 3 turns

Edited by namdoolb
Additional comments
On 2/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, EbonHawk said:

Good call

Yeah she seemed good on paper, but Tua does seem like the best call, or Brunson as you say.

Don't think I've read too much of doomed station but I'll check that out!

Now that just sounds straight up filthy. Yes please haha

For doomed station, think contested outpost, but all the obstacles slowly move toward the center

22 hours ago, namdoolb said:

The G-7 did get nerfed a little bit in the last faq:

Basically the speed 0 deployment is only in effect whist the interdictor is deployed.

What? G-7 is before deploying fleets, and Surprise Attack first player flagship is while deploying fleets. So you definitely lay down that grav well token before any ships are deployed.

What the FAQ actually says is the Interdictor must be in play for the token to take effect. In other words, not set aside by Hyperspace Assault, etc.

2 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

What? G-7 is before deploying fleets, and Surprise Attack first player flagship is while deploying fleets. So you definitely lay down that grav well token before any ships are deployed.

What the FAQ actually says is the Interdictor must be in play for the token to take effect. In other words, not set aside by Hyperspace Assault, etc.

No, he's right and the change matters. Interesting.

There are two timing steps to the G7-X Grav Well Projector: the token is placed "before deploying fleets."

"When a ship deploys at distance 1-3 of a grav well token" is when the speed zero effect resolves. And if a ship with G7s isn't on the table by that point it does nothing because the upgrade isn't in play.

Which really just kills the competition for that slot a bit IMO...

Edited by The Jabbawookie
2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

No, he's right and the change matters. Interesting.

There are two timing steps to the G7-X Grav Well Projector: the token is placed "before deploying fleets."

"When a ship deploys at distance 1-3 of a grav well token" is when the speed zero effect resolves. And if a ship with G7s isn't on the table by that point it does nothing because the upgrade isn't in play.

Which really just kills the competition for that slot a bit IMO...

I respectfully disagree. The Interdictor is in play and the upgrade is active, even before the Interdictor is deployed. Page 7:

Q: During Setup, can ships and squadrons resolve card effects
before they have been deployed?
A: Yes. During Setup, ships and squadrons that have not yet
been deployed are in play , and their ship, squadron, and
upgrade cards are active, unless that ship or squadron has
been destroyed or set aside.

Here's the FAQ ruling namdoolb was talking about:

Ships deployed at distance 1–3 of a grav well token cannot resolve the effect of this card if that token’s owner does not have at least 1
ship with this card equipped in play
Grav well tokens remain in play until the end of the game.

Edit: This is relevant in cases of Hyperspace Assault, Corellian Conflict's All-Out Offensive, and of course if your Interdictor gets destroyed before a Raddus/Hyperspace Assault/Profundity drop. But none of these cases are relevant to the Surprise Attack case we're talking about.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
Added more details

@EbonHawk Don't let them kill your Interdictor dreams before they even begin!

By the way did you get to play?

Blockade run? Why not: most wanted? Station Assault?

21 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@EbonHawk Don't let them kill your Interdictor dreams before they even begin!

I've faced so many sweaty @PodRacer Interdictors the dreams are vivid!

21 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

By the way did you get to play?

I've played a few games on vassal now but only Rebels as learning the ropes still, but have saved some Imp lists to run soon!

5 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Blockade run? Why not: most wanted? Station Assault?

B-run: Redeploy obstacles with the Dictor, place Onager at the very back, place token in the middle as far as it will go (should nearly hit both sides of the play area now, then thanks to the obstacles being moved, gain remodi die and profit.

@ebon hawk What fleet did you end up running, or are running?

And what Objectives did you end up going with?

5 hours ago, Mitthraw said:

@ebon hawk What fleet did you end up running, or are running?

And what Objectives did you end up going with?

This is my current draft of the list: changes in bold

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: General Romodi

Assault Objective: Surprise Attack
Defense Objective: Abandoned Mining Facility - Swapped to this to get more mileage out of Needas Evade, and Goz scatters.
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

Onager-class Star Destroyer (110 points)
- Cataclysm ( 5 points)
- Captain Needa ( 2 points)
- Veteran Gunners ( 5 points)
- Gunnery Chief Varnillian ( 6 points) Lost most of the bid, and she's great as 2nd player. Can save doubles/accs for better times she's a fun card and works well with ignition.
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits ( 7 points)
- Superheavy Composite Beam Turbolasers ( 7 points)
= 142 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
- General Romodi ( 20 points)
- Interdictor ( 3 points)
- Minister Tua ( 2 points)
- Engineering Team ( 5 points)
- Proximity Mines ( 4 points)
- Electronic Countermeasures ( 7 points)
- Heavy Ion Emplacements ( 9 points) - free points, HIE is profit on a dictor.
- Grav Shift Reroute ( 2 points)
- G7-X Grav Well Projector ( 2 points)
= 144 total ship cost

- Hondo Ohnaka ( 2 points)
- Repair Crews ( 4 points)
= 29 total ship cost

- Suppressor ( 4 points)
- Emperor Palpatine (off) ( 3 points)
- Slicer Tools ( 7 points)
= 37 total ship cost