Silhouette 2 and larger creatures

By Mattheau, in Game Masters

Are the Wound points of silhouette 2 and larger creatures treated like vehicle hull points, and thus 10 to 1 versus character scale? I mean I can see that working for something like a Rancor. Which shouldn't be something that someone can just take take down with a blaster pistol in my opinion.

No, they are normal. However, you aren't going to be taking down a Rancor with a Blaster pistol unless you are insanely lucky or give it the Breach quality. The main way they increase durability is high Soak.

Hmm. I will have to contemplate this. Rancors are portrayed as taking down walkers during the Clone Wars. As it stands they do 1.5 points of vehicle scale damage. Which doesn't seem to add up for me.

Edited by Mattheau
Left off a Cl and it looked like I was saying one war
6 minutes ago, Mattheau said:

Hmm. I will have to contemplate this. Rancors are portrayed as taking down walkers during the one wars. As it stands they do 1.5 points of vehicle scale damage. Which doesn't seem to add up for me.

Actually, Knockdown can be triggered against them, it just costs additional Advantage for additional size.

I'm can't remember the specific incident you are referring to, but Knockdown (4 Advantage/Triumph against Sil 3) might be sufficient to account for what we see onscreen.

I suppose it depends on how one wants to portray things like rancors.

There are issues on scaling between vehicle and personal damage.

There are 'examples' of lightsaber wielding characters cutting off the legs of AT-AT's in battle, but that's not something that this game models at all. (But I'm okay with that).

And yeah, I appreciate the questions and answers because I'm going to be working on an adventure where the PC's have to fight bigger than Sil 3 critters too . . .

Beware of players getting the idea to hunt krayt dragons (for their pearls) and deciding to use vehicle-based weapons on them.

Personally, I consider that to be unsporting and an unfair abuse of the difference between personal scale and vehicle-based weapons. Particualarly if a Force-user is doing it to get a krayt dragon pearl for their lightsabre (it bypasses any personal tests of character and might be worth lots of Conflict points due to being questionable from a Living Force perspective).

13 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Beware of players getting the idea to hunt krayt dragons (for their pearls) and deciding to use vehicle-based weapons on them.

Pft. You think an Adult Krayt got to become an adult by letting random PC's swoop in on it with a starship's turret weapons?

I think not!

Why do you think the Fathomless Caverns are so dangerous in the Abyssal Bad Lands on Tatooine . . . ;)

And YES. At least one player wants a Krayt pearl for their light saber.